About the Role
- You are someone who will bring a new perspective and fresh ideas - a team player who is passionate about building products, representing the voice of the customer to internal teams.
- You will be the product champion and expert point of contact for implementation consultants, support desk, documentation, sales support, marketing, and product strategy.
- You will define business requirements, produce functional design specifications and prioritize the product feature requests by making smart, decisive tradeoffs using data-driven analysis and sound judgment.
- You will contribute to Workdayâs Procurement product strategy with a focus on Accounts Payable functions and associated accounting, as well as the execution of the product roadmap to achieve strategic goals for this area.
- You will work closely with developers and QA to ensure the product you intended to build gets delivered.
- You will create use cases, user stories, and detailed product requirement documents that clearly articulate desired product behavior and functions.
- You will partner with marketing, sales, services and support colleagues to ensure successful roll out and Â a satisfying end-to-end customer experience.
- You will develop a deeper understanding of the competitive environment to better contribute to a compelling product strategy.
- 8+ years of relevant experience, preferably as an Accounts Payable product manager.
- Functional knowledge of accounting with a particular emphasis on accounts payable.
- Knowledge of finance business processes including accounts payable operations required.
- Knowledge of financial accounting business requirements for global, multi-entity companies preferred.
- Passion for and ability to understand customer needs and deliver solutions with a great user experience.
- Proven ability to research, summarize, and prioritize customer business requirements.
- Proven ability to create and collaborate on detailed functional designs, using Agile methodologies and tools.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to clearly document product requirements/user stories.
- Experience and ability to present product requirements and features to external audiences.
- Work effectively within and across teams to get things accomplished.
- Required characteristics: Leadership experience, detail oriented, decisive, and enjoy fast paced work environment.
- CPA or equivalent professional accounting certification preferred.
- College degree required. Computer science or related technical degree preferred.
Workday delivers Human Capital Management, Financial Management, Payroll, Time Tracking, Procurement, and Employee Expense Management applications to the worldâs largest organizations. Hundreds of companies, ranging from medium-sized to the Fortune 50, are gaining business value from Workday.
Workday is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Workday are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.