Product Manager ParkWhiz
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Overview
ParkWhiz is a fast-paced company in need of Product Manager who will help manage our ongoing product development and development teams. This role coordinates with the Marketing department to coordinate product development with the overall company strategy.
To thrive in this role, you'll need to be entrepreneurial minded, love variety, work independently, communicate well and be super organized. We are looking for a motivated individual with a proven track record in product development at a consumer-facing software or web company.
The diversity of this role means you will be involved in many aspects of the company and will be a key part of a small team. You will report directly to our CTO.
- Work with the marketing team to create feature use-cases and produce functional specs and wireframes
-Help the development team work together smoothly and be its advocate to the rest of the staff; coordinate across teams and collaborate with management, customers, partners and other staff members when needed
- Lead Agile development process, coordinate development scheduling, and assume on-time completion of development projects
- Set and track the most relevant metrics to a product, track past projects and identify ways to optimize them
- Oversee QA and ensure that use-case goals are being met
- Always remain an expert on the ParkWhiz website, apps, and user experience
- Solid experience working in a product management capacity at a consumer facing web company (agile, start-up environment preferred)
- A strong understanding of current web technologies, standards and how the web ecosystem is evolving
- Experience and success in using team-based software development concepts that drive to iterative launches
- Strategic and holistic thinking to balance and prioritize short-term solutions with long-term vision
- A strong entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to rally internal support for ideas
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- A strong design and usability sense driven by the ability to step into a user's shoes and advocate for them
- Excellent writing, organizational, and time management skills
- Enthusiasm for working collaboratively on cross-functional teams and coordinating between them
ParkWhiz.com attracts highly-competitive over-achievers who thrive in a dynamic environment. - Employees enjoy the rewards and challenges associated with a constantly evolving market leading technology company. If you embrace challenge, work well in a team setting, and are driven to grow and excel in your career, we'd like to hear from you.
Only qualified candidates need apply. If you meet the criteria for this position email your resume and one-page cover letter telling us why you'd be perfect for the job to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include "Product Manager" in the email subject line. No phone calls or recruiters accepted.
ParkWhiz.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Founded in 2006, Chicago based ParkWhiz.com pioneered the eParking marketplace and has since become the industry standard and market share leading platform for event and downtown parking reservations across the country. ParkWhiz has extraordinarily strong revenue growth and ongoing product innovations that continue to change the way people think about parking.
Profitable Investors: Hyde Park Venture Partners
, Jump Capital All Jobs: at ParkWhiz
|Headquarters:||2243 W Belmont Ave|
Chicago, IL 60618
|Industry:||Business Products and Services|
|Company Profile:||ParkWhiz is the number one place to find and reserve a guaranteed parking space before you reach your destination. In addition, ParkWhiz creates software to help parking owners manage and market their parking using the ParkWhiz website, mobile apps, and data APIs.
Founded by Aashish Dalal and Jon Thornton in 2006, ParkWhiz was formed out of the founders' frustration over finding a decent parking spot at a ballgame. Between the parking lots, garages, and driveway owners renting out space, there were plenty of places to park, but no way to know which had open spaces or how much they cost. There had to be a better way than driving around aimlessly searching for a spot.
ParkWhiz.com presents a fast, efficient way for drivers to find available parking on their computer or mobile phone before they reach their destination. Parking search results reflect real-time parking availability at hundreds of ParkWhiz partner locations, enabling drivers to make a reservation and know for sure that a guaranteed parking spot will be waiting for them when they arrive. ParkWhiz carefully vets each parking location and provides detailed descriptions and customer reviews to ensure there are no surprises.
ParkWhiz provides tools to help parking owners large and small earn more money from their parking spaces. With ParkWhiz's innovative prepaid parking reservation system, parking owners can offer drivers a more convenient way to park their car, while gaining widespread exposure through ParkWhiz's extensive Internet and smart-phone presence. ParkWhiz handles payment processing and fraud protection, making it effortless for parking owners to get started.
Whether it's a home owner earning extra cash by renting out driveway space or a parking company executive tasked with managing thousands of parking spaces, ParkWhiz makes it easy for parking owners to maximize their revenue while providing a superior parking experience for drivers.|
Support ParkWhiz with Social Media services