Product Manager, Cloud Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
Splunk is looking for a product leader to drive forward the company's cloud services. A growing number of Splunk customers would prefer to consume Splunk as a service rather than install and manage it. Many customers are running applications in the cloud rather than behind the firewall. The Splunk Storm service is designed for users who need a turnkey, fully managed service for their machine data. Splunk is looking for a product leader to drive this initiative.
If you're fascinated by the challenge of building a fully multi-tenant, elastic service in the public cloud that can manage terabytes of data from thousands of customers, please apply! This also represents an extraordinary opportunity to not only be a product leader, but also help define a new business within the company.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
Day-to-day responsibilities will span the entire product management lifecycle and include deep interaction with customers, sales, engineering, and marketing. Specific responsibilities include:
- Maintaining the high level roadmap to drive the product forward
- Developing user stories and functional requirements to define, communicate, and deliver product features
- Working with Splunk's executive team to continuously refine the strategy for the company's cloud initiatives
- Working with business development to form partnerships and develop integrations with strategic Cloud and SaaS vendors
- Working closely with marketing to develop market positioning and marketing collateral (website content, demos, videos, etc.)
- Serving as the Cloud liaison to the rest of the company to support everything from field enablement to the development of an integrated strategic roadmap
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- Energetic, optimistic approach to life
- Technical aptitude and proven ability to work with an engineering team
- Ability to prioritize many competing priorities and engage in many different functions
- Familiarity with Cloud-based development platforms (Amazon Web Services, Rackspace, Heroku, Windows Azure, etc.)
- Experience running or developing cloud or SaaS-based offerings, ideally targeted at enterprises
- A love for data analytics at massive scale
- Ability to write, defend and execute on business cases
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
Education: Got it!
Bachelor's degree in a technical field (e.g. CS, CE, EE); MBA or other graduate degree preferred
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED