Product Manager, Cloud Splunk
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
Splunk is looking for a product leader to drive forward the company's next generation cloud service (Splunk Storm). As a company, we realized that a growing number of Splunk customers are running applications in the cloud rather than behind the firewall. They didn't want to have to download, install, and manage Splunk themselves, nor did they want to sign up for lengthy license contracts. The Splunk Storm service is designed for users who need a turnkey, fully managed service for their machine data. Splunk is looking for a product leader to help guide this new initiative.
If you're fascinated by the challenge of building a fully multi-tenant, elastic service in the public cloud that can manage terabytes of data from thousands of customers, this position may be for you. Since the service was recently launched, this also represents an extraordinary opportunity to not only be a product leader, but also help define a new business within the company.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
As with any product management role in a fast-growing company, day-to-day responsibilities will span the entire product management lifecycle and include deep interaction with customers, sales, and engineering. Specific responsibilities include:
- Maintaining the high level roadmap to ensure that the team creates as much value for customers as possible
- Developing user stories and functional requirements to communicate these needs to engineering
- Working with Splunk's executive team to continuously refine the strategy for the company's cloud initiatives
- Working with business development to form partnerships and develop integrations with strategic Cloud and SaaS vendors
- Working closely with marketing to develop market positioning and marketing collateral (website content, demos, videos, etc.)
Note: Title will depend on the candidate's level of experience and fit for the position.
- Serving as the Cloud liaison to the rest of the company to support everything from field enablement to the development of an integrated strategic roadmap
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- Familiarity with Cloud-based development platforms (Amazon Web Services, Rackspace, Heroku, Microsoft Azure, etc.)
- Recent hands-on experience with running or developing a Cloud or SaaS-based offering, ideally targeted at enterprises
- A love for data analytics at massive scale
- Ability to write, defend and execute on business cases
- Proven ability to lead without authority
- Technical aptitude and attention to detail
Education: Got it!
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
Bachelor's degree in a technical field (e.g. EE, CS); MBA or other graduate degree desirable but not required
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 4,000 customers in over 80 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cyber security, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk software has become a platform for machine data!
Splunk now has over 500 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in Cupertino, CA and 8 offices around the world.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer, â€œFun Fridaysâ€.
This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready?
To all recruitment agencies: Splunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Splunk employees or any other company location. Splunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Splunk is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.ÂÂÂ