Product Manager â Enterprise Applications Guidewire Software
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Senior Product Manager â€" European Development Centre, Dublin
The Guidewire European Development Centre team focuses on delivering extensions for the Guidewire product suite. The team is responsible for identifying and analysing business requirements, configuring Guidewire applications to meet those requirements, and integrating Guidewire applications to external systems.
Product managers at Guidewire assume a wide range of responsibilities. You should have experience gathering requirements for enterprise applications, a high degree of comfort with technology, and exceptional analytical and communication skills. You should also be comfortable both engaging in product design discussions with developers and working closely with customers to incorporate feedback into the applications. Our product managers are the glue that holds together our minimally-supervised teams; you will be at the centre of our product development effort.
As a key member of this team, you will:
- Gather requirements from our customers and professional services and sales consulting organisations
- Define detailed requirements, work closely with developers through designs, make tactical decisions to come up with innovative solutions for complex problems
- Prioritise feature work and coordinate with other Guidewire teams
- Be the expert who can help customers, QA, support, sales, and other groups with questions about your feature areas
- Provide expertise and selling tools for the Marketing and Sales organisations, including presenting directly to customers and partners
- Represent the Guidewire Product Management organisation in Dublin as the first PM in a recently-established team
We have a work environment that encourages individual initiative, experiments with new ideas for continuous improvement, and lets great people do great work by minimizing the hassles of hierarchy and bureaucracy. You must be a self-starter and able to perform with minimal supervision while working in a team environment, communicating effectively with developers and product managers.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing company that is experiencing explosive growth. We are an NYSE listed software company with over 200 successful implementations and 100+ Property/Casualty (general) insurance customers. We are very selective when asking new people to join our group. We can promise a friendly collegial environment that will challenge all of your acquired skills and abilities.
- 5+ years of product management in an enterprise software environment
- Previous experience with the insurance industry desired, but not required
- Ability to assimilate customer requirements, design appropriate solutions and translate requirements into detailed product specifications
- Ability to manage complex initiatives with limited supervision
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced team-oriented environment
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Good decision-making skills
- Prior hands-on experience with Agile Development preferred
- Technical capacity. You should be able to communicate with the engineering team on tactical technical decisions. Programming experience is not required, but is strongly preferred.
- Bachelor's degree from a top-tier university, preferably in Computer Science or a related field
- A real passion for detailed feature design and problem solving
- A second language is preferred
Established in 2011, Guidewire's Irish centre helps meet a growing global customer demand for expertise in implementing Guidewire's products. The Dublin-based European Development Centre, Guidewire's third global development team, was established to extend our core applications to accelerate the delivery of critical new product functionality to our customers. The team builds both global capabilities and content for specific countries and locales. We use the same rigorous, quality-focused methodology that Guidewire's customers have come to expect from the rest of the core system suite.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
As the number one provider of enterprise software applications to the property and casualty insurance industry, we beat our competitors (Accenture, SAP, and others) 9 times out of 10. Guidewire is an award-winning company both within the insurance industry and in the software technology space. Given our success and increasing demand for our products domestically and internationally, we continue to experience double-digit revenue growth. Guidewire has offices throughout the world, including in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Hong Kong, and the United States.
Profitable Investors: Battery Ventures
, Bay Partners
, U.S. Venture Partners All Jobs: at Guidewire Software
|Headquarters:||2211 Bridgepointe Parkway, Ste 200|
San Mateo, CA 94404
|Company Profile:||Guidewire Software is a profitable, privately held, and VC-backed enterprise software product development company that exclusively serves the 1.5 trillion dollar property and casualty insurance industry. Our products enable companies such as GEICO, Liberty Mutual, and Amica to efficiently run their high volume core operations, including underwriting, policy administration, claims, and billing.
Our success can be directly attributed to the bright and extremely talented employees who make it all happen. If you are looking for an opportunity where your talents will not only be recognized and leveraged but also challenged, at a company that is grabbing significant market share in a 1.5 trillion dollar industry, then Guidewire is the place for you. We have an extremely low-turnover organization and 100 percent customer referenceability.
Support Guidewire Software with Social Media services