Product Manager Narrative Science
Job opening ID21
Roles and responsibilitiesWe are looking for an exceptional product manager to help conceive, build and launch the next generation of Quill, our narrative content generation platform. You will join our product management team and report to the Vice President of Product. The PM will handle all aspects of the product lifecycle including assessing customer needs, identifying market trends, uncovering competitive opportunities and threats and developing an overall vision for product ownership. You will work closely with sales, marketing, engineering and customer deployment to ensure that products are being developed that meet the current and future needs of our customers. You will also be involved in strategic initiatives across the company, including our annual strategic planning process.
- Lead overall go-to-market process for the development and rollout of new products.
- Define a longer-term product roadmap and vision, including applicable product features and benefits.
- Lead cross-functional teams to ensure that all teams understand the product strategy and goals and meet the product development objectives.
- Create and manage detailed technical, business and functional requirements including managing prioritization, tradeoffs and constraints.
- Define and document key business metrics and reporting.
- Create feedback loop for key stakeholders including customers.
- Contribute to user interface design, prototyping, usability testing, requirements definition, research, metrics analysis, technical specifications, development, testing and launch efforts.
- Participate in standups, retrospectives, and iteration planning meetings with the engineering team.
- Participate in sales presentations, product demonstrations and industry events.
Skill set- 5-7 years in business-to-business product management and development.
- Strong quantitative & analytical skills.
- A deep understanding of technology and an ability to collaborate with engineering.
- Experience managing, influencing and coordinating cross-functional teams.
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies.
- Comfortable with ambiguity, shifting priorities and general growth pains of an early-stage technology company.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Exceptional judgment.
- Natural ability to relate to customers and colleagues.
- ?Roll-up-your-sleeves? entrepreneurial, start-up attitude.
- BS/BA Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
Work experience5+ Years
||New York, NY |