Product Manager - Proteomics Promega
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Tracking Code
JOB OBJECTIVE: Responsible for planning and executing the global product portfolio strategy, market development, sales support, and program management of a specified segment of the Proteomics product and technology portfolio.
Marketing and Business Planning
1. Produces product/technology marketing plans and ensures plans align with R&D, Manufacturing Operations, QA and Sales.
2. Responsible for generating global marketing strategies and tactical/action plans for sales execution. This must include comprehensive knowledge of the competitive landscape by world region.
3. Develops revenue and operating profit forecasts for R&D, marketing, sales and manufacturing.
4. Responsible for developing in collaboration with R&D a product roadmap addressing current and emerging customer segments and markets. Establishes product/technology positioning and value proposition.
5. Position products and technologies within a customer workflow for the commercialization strategy and tactics.
6. Develops comprehensive Marketing Communication plan and marketing collateral in collaboration with R&D, Sales and Marketing Services for product line/technology, and integrates various vehicles (trade shows, advertising, PR, etc).
7. Liaison between sales, operations, technical support, legal and technical product development team.
8. Write customer-focused requirements in language appropriate for internal design and execution.
9. Prepares and gives presentations on marketing and sales strategies and product performance. Required to have deep product applications and technology knowledge suitable to give technical customer presentations.
10. Maintains network of internal and external business contacts, network with customers to understand technical needs, unmet market/customer needs, trends and future products. Builds long-term relationships with customers, key opinion leaders (KOLs), and stakeholders.
Interacting with the Sales force
11. Provides appropriate training for sales force.
12. Identifies and/or creates types of sales tools appropriate to varied sales situations.
13. Builds network of advisors within the sales force.
14. Travel into field to assists in sales calls or closing sales once every six weeks.
15. Plans presence and Manages the on-site activities at trade shows.
16. Identifies underlying/future customer needs and proposes business solutions to address them.
17. Provides input on design and implementation and interprets research reports on products, market segments and technologies.
18. Maintain relationships with users and key opinion leaders.
19. Identify strengths and weaknesses of competitors. Can assess Promega?s market share with respect to total addressable market and competitors market share.
20. Establish network among sales force and users to develop ongoing stream of input on competitive information.
21. Evaluate and recommend how to maintain Promega product/market segment competitive advantage.
New Product Development
22. Serve as the Marketing Representative on a cross-functional product development team with primary responsibility for developing product requirements and managing product launch.
23. Manages product launch.
24. Provides input to the design and execution of worldwide promotional campaigns.
25. Translates features and benefits benefits into a clear understanding and statement of value to the customer.
26. Determines product packaging and pricing.
27. Analyzes distribution system fit for product.
28. Prepares and delivers product training materials.
29. Reviews product technical material.
30. Executes post-launch review - evaluation of product performance.
31. Manages response to customer complaints with cross-functional teams.
32. Periodic financial reviews of product performance.
33. Periodic reviews of product positioning, value to the customer, competitive situation and market trends.
34. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Identify and appraise commercial opportunities and risks.
2. Appraise internal business capabilities.
3. Prepare background material and interpret external trends.
4. Translate corporate direction and strategic goals into product portfolio decisions.
5. Continuous improvement team participation.
6. Understand and apply financial concepts of, return on investment, inventory variance reports, product contribution margins, profit and loss statements, budget and forecasting processes.
1. B.S. in life sciences with concentrated training in Biochemistry or Molecular Biology.
2. Previous industry related experience in Product/Marketing Management, Technical Services and/or Sales.
3. Team player with good interpersonal skills.
4. Highly motivated self-starter with strong bias for action result-orientation; tackles tough problems with firm deadlines.
5. Knowledge of sales processes used by various distribution channels.
6. Knowledge and production of marketing plan components including: executive summary, situation analysis, marketing strategies-, financial analysis.(-Knowledge and application of marketing strategies: selection of target market, marketing 4Ps:product, promotion, price, and place).
7. Communicate and negotiate effectively with several levels of co-workers and external contacts, both in writing and verbally. Adapts style and approach to suit different audiences.
8. Build rapport and gains support/commitment.
9. Knowledge of manufacturing process, inventory management, and distribution logistics.
10. Market research fundamentals including objectives, question formulation, methodology (surveys, focus groups, etc).
11. Demonstrates ability to be an effective leader and manager in a matrix-reporting environment. Proven influence management skills.
12. Uses print and electronic media to deliver product marketing, sales and technical messages.
13. Effectively and efficiently prioritize multiple projects and resources based on an awareness of business goals and priorities in a rapidly advancing market.
1. M.S. or Ph.D. in life science with concentrated training in specified area.
2. Working knowledge of contracting and licensing process. Ability to draft terms and conditions for licenses and contracts with outside parties.
3. MBA or equivalent desired.
4. Preferred experience working with international branch or distributor marketing organization to effect global product launch, positioning and promotion.
5. Understanding product life cycle and application to product portfolio.
6. Business fundamentals in strategy, financial analysis and planning, including SWOT analyses and problem solving, analysis, recommendation and action plans.
1. Ability to use telephone equipment.
2. Ability to use computer equipment and basic software (preparing documents, email, scheduling).
3. Ability to travel.
Promega Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
||2800 Woods Hollow Road |
Madison, WI 53711
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED