Product Manager Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
Drive product development process through the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning and product roadmaps to tactical activities, product positioning and differentiation. Communicate with and between customers, sales teams, and marketing groups to ensure seamless product development and launch. Confer with customers and engineers to assess customer needs and specify technical product requirements. Conduct competitive analysis. Collaborate across multiple onshore and offshore delivery teams (Marketing, Sales Solutions, Development, Quality Assurance, Education, etc.) to determine system requirements and coordinate product releases. Apply understanding of micro and macro industry trends to lead development and implementation of solutions-focused go-to-market plans, working with all departments to execute. Prepare and deliver technical presentations that explain products or services to customers and prospective customers. Support marketing-driven customer-facing events and conduct product demos and trainings. Utilize systems management technologies (e.g. Syslog, JMX, WMI, ESXTop, SNMP, UNIX tools) to ensure accurate data collection and tracking related to the product life cycle. May be assigned to various projects using skills.
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
Education: Got It!
- Building and managing requirements and roadmaps for a new and existing software product line;
- Conducting customer use case interviews/research;
- Working across multiple functional departments/teams, with customer facing experience in sales;
- Software Product development and architecture design across geographically distributed product development team, with experience in SCRUM and Agile;
- Conceptualizing and designing GUI applications, Mobile and Web;
- Designing screen layouts as wireframes/mockups and designing User Experience and flow;
- Big data concepts i.e. concept of map reduce/divide and conquer based search methodologies, use and implementation of binary search algorithms, including hash maps;
- Use of software development using application development frameworks including at least three of the following: J2EE/J2SE, Apache Projects, .NET, Cherry.py, Ruby on Rails, Cocoa, C/C++;
- Systems management technologies with required experience in use of Unix/Linux tools and experience in at least one of the following: Syslog, JMX, WMI, ESXTop, SNMP;
- Data extraction and reporting technologies including at least two of the following: Regular Expressions, XPath, Crystal Reports, SSRS; and
- Basic knowledge and use of traditional RDBMS (Relational Database Management systems) and use of SQL (Structured Query Language), using at least one of the following: TSQL, MSSQL, MySQL.
Master's or foreign equivalent in Business Administration, Management Science, or a related field and 2 years of experience in the job offered or in a related occupation.
To apply, please send resumes to Splunk Inc., Attn: H. Fahey 250 Brannan Street, 2nd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94107. Reference job code: 8EYQAH
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 4,000 customers in over 80 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cyber security, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk software has become a platform for machine data!
Splunk now has over 700 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in Cupertino, CA and 8 offices around the world.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer and â€œFun Fridaysâ€.
This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready?
To all recruitment agencies: Splunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Splunk employees or any other company location. Splunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Splunk is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.ÂÂÂ
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED