Product Marketing Manager, Industrial Data Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
As Solution Expert, you will be responsible for evangelizing and creating awareness of Splunk as a leading analytics platform for Internet of Things and Industrial Data. You will be driving messaging, go-to-market strategy, technical enablement, content development and awareness for this emerging new category.
The role requires you to have a strong technical background in working with sensor and industrial data, be a strategic thinker and have the business savvy to drive segment opportunity. The position is based at Splunk's headquarters in San Francisco, California or satellite office in Cupertino CA.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Develop product positioning and messaging for Internet of Things and Industrial Data. Drive thought leadership for Splunk
- Define market opportunities and initiatives based on a deep understanding of technical and business trends as they relate to the segment
- Participate in relevant technology and industry forums to drive Splunk traction
- Identify, participate and speak at conferences, do press interviews and industry analyst briefings
- Work with business development to identify and build relationships with technology, OEM and reseller partners
- Collaborate with technical teams to build demos to support various use cases. Work with partners to develop new Splunk Apps for segment
- Develop sales tools including videos, presentations, whitepapers, datasheets and case studies. Work with customers to understand and document new use cases
- Deliver sales training to internal teams and external partners. Support sales opportunities, as needed
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- 5-7 years of technical experience in working with analytics platform technologies
- 2-4 years of hands-on experience working with analytics for sensor and device data
- Good understanding of various types of sensor data sources and associated data structures â€" including data from industrial systems and distributed devices with embedded sensors
- Strong communication skills to effectively present across technical and business audiences
- Technical aptitude to quickly understand emerging technologies for the segment and define Splunk positioning
- Business savvy to effective articulate value proposition and develop supporting content
- Requires travel â€" about 20% of the time
- Self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced, collaborative, and innovative hi-growth environment
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related discipline, MBA preferred
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 5,600 customers in over 80 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cyber security, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk software has become a platform for machine data!
Splunk now has over 700 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in Cupertino, CA and 8 offices around the world.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer, â€œFun Fridaysâ€.This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready?
To all recruitment agencies: Splunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Splunk employees or any other company location. Splunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Splunk is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.ÂÂÂ
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED