Product Marketing Manager K12 Instructure
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED We hire bright, talented people. All team members contribute to the product in a meaningful way. The product team doesn't throw specs over some imaginary wall to engineering, and engineering doesn't throw code over some imaginary wall to QA. We all collaborate together.
Most of our work is open sourced, even our primary product. (http://github.com/instructure) We are changing how teachers and students interact, whether in small groups or with tens of thousands of students in one course. Check out our online courses at canvas.net.
We're not big fans of traditional job descriptions, so...
We are looking for an experienced Product Marketing Manager to work with our Product & Marketing team and report directly into our Sr Director of Product Management and Product Marketing. This is a key strategic position for our company. The Product Marketing Manager will partner with the product manager for K-12 to help steer the features, enhancements, and strategic direction for Canvas K-12, and will be responsible for product positioning, messaging, product communications, and market research.
Essentially the Product Marketing Managers responsibilities revolve around 4 main objectives
1. Build maximum perceived value in the market out of our engineering investments
2. Increase the velocity of a sale through compelling product collateral
3. Internal communications and activities that unite the company around the product
4. Inform strategic product decisions through market expertise, analysis, and research
Some specific tasks will include
- Conduct win/loss analysis
- Build, validate, and evolve the products positioning platform and messaging
- Create and maintain buyer and user personas
- Own coordination and positioning of feature release notes
- Be responsible for internal product communication and evangelism
- Partner with whoever else is awesome that can get things moving along.
Skills & Requirements include
- Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 2 years of experience in Product Marketing Management.
- Experience in the K-12 education industry ideal.
- Strong ability to understand complex software and distill it into simple value statements
- Strong communications and writing skills
- Ability to learn complex enterprise software solutions.
- Ability to solve problems.
Experience is helpful, but raw talent is a must.
100% Employer Paid Benefits for You and Your Qualified Dependents (We got you covered!):
- Medical (United Healthcare)
- Dental (LifeMap)
- Life/AD&D (Assurant)
- Lots of paid time off
- 8 paid holidays
We participate in eVerify. EEO.
||Sandy, UT |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED