Product Quality Engineer SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Product Quality Engineer
Quality Assurance | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based space technology company founded by its residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk, the former co-founder of PayPal. The company's goal is to renew a sense of excellence in the space industry by disrupting the current paradigm of complacency and replacing it with innovation and commercialized price points; laying the foundation for a truly space-faring human civilization.
SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. In-house development includes nearly all flight critical custom components amounting to approximately 85% of our vehicles both by mass and by value. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology problems seen in any organization.
Our success is driven by a wide variety of engineering perspectives and openness to all great ideas. We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced engineering ecosystem focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering.
We build it, test it, and fly it.
Quality Assurance - SpaceX has a strong belief that launch vehicles and spacecraft can be both cost effective and highly reliable. Our Quality team is key to our pursuit of that goal and more specifically also our pursuit of manned spaceflight. The department works in a cross-functional fashion with all other technical teams on a variety of exciting projects, and has great exposure to leadership and the organization as a whole.
- Utilizes statistical control methods to monitor and improve process, reduce variation, cost and waste. Provide waste elimination suggestions and variation reduction initiatives.
- Assist in the development and facilitation of process FMEAs and helps maintain risk management policies and program.
- Leads and facilitates material review, root cause, failure analysis, and corrective action utilizing various analysis tools and makes corrective action and containment recommendations.
- Leads and facilitates problem solving activities to address deficiencies in process performance goals.
- Develop, analyze and present process and quality metrics to production and senior management teams.
- Creates and maintains documentation; including the preparation of Control Plans, Flow Charts, Gage Studies, SPC Charts, and other miscellaneous documentation.
- Support Quality Management System policies and procedure documentation, perform internal and external auditing to assess compliance to company, customer and industry standards, generate and analyze performance analysis, initiate and lead continual improvement and Lean initiatives.
- Bachelor Degree in an engineering field is a must
- 1 - 3 years of experience in Quality Assurance, Production or Manufacturing Engineering
- Experience with Advanced Product Quality Planning, Failure modes and effects analysis, Statistical Process Control, Metrology, Design of Experiments, and Control Plans is required.
- Excellent communication and team-building skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced /cross-functional environment.
- Must be able to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Preferred experience with manufacturing or production environments.
- Min 5 years of experience in Quality or Manufacturing Engineering with focus in Tooling, Electronics, Avionics, Propulsion Systems, or Composites is strongly desired.
- ASQ Certification (CQM, CQE), RAB certified / trained auditor is a plus.
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Hawthorne, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED