Product Support Analyst
UK, Farnborough,Infor House
Tuesday, August 02, 2011
A varied and interesting role within the Customer Support team, providing support services for all Infor customers and partners primarily within the Europe Middle East and Africa (EMEA).
The purpose of the role is to take ownership of and provide specialist software support for the Infor products. To ensure the customer is completely satisfied with a solution before agreeing to close the support incident as resolved.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Take ownership of and provide specialist application support for the Infor products.
· Investigate and reproduce reported issues as necessary using all tools available, advising customers of known issues and providing workarounds where possible.
· Ensure customers receive regular updates in accordance within the Scope of Operations until such time as the issue has been resolved.
· Escalate any suspected software fault / enhancement requests for further review.
· Maintain high level of product knowledge and appropriate technical knowledge in order to maximise query resolution within Customer Support. Continuously keep abreast of new products, revisions and versions.
· Ensure incident handling system is kept up to date on all support incidents with contact made, diagnosis carried out and solutions offered.
· Inform the Support Manager of any difficulties or when a high priority incident is in danger of missing its service level in order that appropriate action may be taken.
· Ensure appropriate outstanding support incidents are highlighted to the Team Lead, to re-allocate where appropriate prior to a leave of absence to ensure that incidents are progressed during the leave period.
· Sharing knowledge: identify and create items appropriate for submission to the Support Knowledgebase.
· Acquire and maintain knowledge of Infor support processes for use in resolving customer incidents.
In carrying out all of the above, the person filling the role shall at all times act in accordance with the company's business strategy and Quality Policy.
Education, Knowledge and Skillsets
Educated to degree level or equivalent
A Warehousing background within the Support Environment
Understanding of the terminology and complex workings of Warehousing.
Demonstrable customer service experience
Experience of using and/or supporting a business application (Preference a Warehousing Module, Red Prairie, Swiss Log, Manhattan and WMS)
Experience with Oracle & Sql server databases.
Systematic, disciplined and analytical approach to all work undertaken.
Experience of a Mission Critical System.
Good communication, interpersonal, organizational and planning skills.
Ability to work under own initiative with minimal supervision.
Flexibility to adapt to a changing environment
Relevant Business qualification and experience
Java, Forte powerbuilder, IBM Informix,
Fluency in one or more of the following languages â€" French, German, Spanish, Italian
|Location:||multiple, multiple |
|Headquarters:||641 Avenue of the Americas|
New York, NY 10011