Production Artist Promega
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Tracking Code
JOB OBJECTIVE: The Production Artist will support the graphic and web design teams by producing approved designs in print and electronic format. This work includes, but is not limited to, the production of product guides, journal and online advertising, brochures, posters, flyers, direct mail, scientific illustrations, PowerPoint presentations, trade show exhibit materials, image requests, website updates and electronic template development.
1. Work closely with our design staff to execute designs in various print and digital formats.
2. Exhibit design sensibility to suggest improvements and modify formats to increase the quality of production and ensure that corporate standards are met.
3. Supports design staff in completing updates and revisions to existing files.
4. Produce digital mechanicals based on the creative concept layout while maintaining the creative integrity of the original concept.
5. Support Operations Staff on bids, print, production and delivery schedules.
6. Review file specifications prior to releasing files and ensure adherence to standards of both the department and vendors. Preflight, collect and distribute artwork.
7. Ensure the quality and accuracy of files that are created and sent to print publications or vendors.
8. Review digital and printer proofs for overall printability, including accuracy, clarity, content, registration, and color.
9. Assigned projects also include layout and production of templated designs.
10. Have an in-depth working knowledge of graphic software including Adobe Creative Suites and MAC operating systems.
11. Understand how to use Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
12. Understands and complies with all ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Travel to vendor sites to supervise quality control of contracted services.
2. Assist with photography and video shoot and production.
3. Scaling, cropping, retouching, repositioning and prefighting, or eliminating defective and excessive imaging.
4. Archiving and updating graphic files.
1. Solid understanding of Adobe Creative Suite, Mac and PC OS, Word, PowerPoint and Acrobat, and adept at learning new programs and leveraging their strengths.
2. Confident in knowledge of industry standard printing practices and digital optimization.
3. Organized and able to balance day-to-day tasks with special projects to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
4. Offers high level of accuracy and detail to projects including (but not limited to): packaging, trade show graphics, catalog, print and banner ads, data sheets, brochures, product stuffers, invitations, presentations, newsletters and email signatures.
5. Able to establish good working relationships and communication across teams with a variety of personalities.
6. Able to balance initiative with good judgment, collaborate with others to achieve results, taking pride in the product you create.
1. Minimum two year?s training/experience in the application of graphic and web design skills.
2. Associate Degree or BA or BFA degree preferred.
3. Up to five year?s industry experience with MAC and PC-based computers and software, image scanning, prepress work with web and offset printing.
1. Ability to utilize a personal computer to accomplish required tasks as outlined above on a continuous and daily basis.
Promega Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
||2800 Woods Hollow Road |
Madison, WI 53711
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED