Palo Alto, California-based, Tesla Motors uses proprietary technology, world-class design, and state-of-the-art manufacturing processes to create a new generation of highway capable electric vehicles. We utilize an innovative distribution model based on Company-owned sales and service centers. This approach allows us to maintain the highest levels of customer experience and benefit from short customer feedback loops to ensure our customer needs are fulfilled. We believe our operational infrastructure provides us with a competitive advantage compared to traditional automobile manufacturers.
Production Associate- Castings - Day Shift 6:00 AM to 2:30 PM AND/OR SWING SHIFT 2:00 PM TO 10:30 PM
The successful candidate has a proven record of success in the application of production systems in any type of manufacturing environment. They will participate in the development and application of Tesla's Production System for the stamping of the Tesla Model S. Excellent attendance is crucial for team to achieve success. He/she must have the ability to work with various teams in assembly including engineering, quality, and suppliers across a wide variety of issues/ corrective actions identified in production and field performance. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are an absolute requirement to establish effective working relationships within Tesla and outside. The successful candidate for this position takes pride in his/her hands-on and analytical abilities, organization skills and attention to detail. He/she appreciates an environment where superior work is encouraged, noticed and rewarded.
- Demonstrated ability to perform standardized work process and defined work instructions.
- Understands and ensures adherence to required procedures and processes.
- Evaluates the assembly processes and equipment to look for continuous improvement opportunities.
- Acts as a consultant to other production/engineering groups on quality issues.
- Analyze quality data to determine and drive the desired outcome.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and people skills, comfortable presenting ideas and issues to peer groups and leaders.
- Escalates functional and process failures to the appropriate support groups and leaders.
- Capable to develop and follow non-verbal communication (visual management: signs, work place organization, and pictures).
- Assist in the process design and tooling improvements â€" comfortable in suggesting and implementing new ideas that improve quality, reduce cost, support production work environment.
- Understands that there are always new opportunities for improvement and eliminate waste.
- Ability to learn quickly and self-motivated.
- Positive energy and attitude, happy
- Poise when confronted with sudden setback or stressful situations.
- Willingness to operate in a dynamic environment and team structure.
- Working for extended periods of time
- Lifting objects up to 15kg
- Use of tools that may produce vibration during use
- Use of complex tooling that requires specialized training
- Wearing Personal Protective Equipment: safety glasses, vests, shoes, hard hats
- Physical work including but not limited to pushing, pulling, gripping, twisting, reaching, etc.
- Working in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to follow a required specific sequence of steps in a process repetitively for an extended period of time
- Ability to understand codes used to make decisions
- Ability to detect abnormalities in the process using visual, touch, or auditory senses
- Ability to adjust to immediate process change due to process/shop improvement
- Perseverance in extensive process root cause analysis and countermeasure implementation
- The candidate should have hands-on experience and proven track record in production in any high quality cutting edge products.
- MS Office programs (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) experience
- May provide functional supervision in the absence of the supervisor.
- Production environment with team involvement
- Use of assembly equipment and tooling (power tools, automated equipment)
- Must stand for long periods of time on the production floor
- Experience with manufacturing in consumer electronics, medical device and solar industry
- Possible weekend work and overtime required
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.