Production Associate - Stamping Department
Must have experience around industrial machinery, industrial metal applications, or industrial stamping equipment
Forklift and overhead crane experience required
Temp to perm opportunity at the manufacturer of the most advanced electric automobile in the world!
Should You Join Our Team?
We're doing something extraordinary and want extraordinary people on our team. Is that you? It could be if you're someone who:
- Likes being part of something new.
- Is passionate about providing customers with the best car in the world.
- Sees what you do as directly connected to the customer.
- Takes personal responsibility to express your views, improve processes, and work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Pushes yourself and others to reach the highest levels of quality with everything you do.
- Can be counted on day after day.
About Tesla Motors
Tesla's goal is to produce a full range of electric cars, from sports cars to mass-market vehicles â€" relentlessly driving down the cost of electric vehicles. It is currently the only U.S. automaker that builds and sells highway-capable EVs in serial production. Palo Alto, California-based Tesla designs and manufactures EVs and EV powertrain components. Tesla has delivered more than 1,600 Roadsters to customers in North America, Europe and the Asia Pacific Region. Model S, the first premium sedan to be built from the ground up as an electric vehicle, goes on the market in mid-2012.
It's more than electric, it's Tesla.
Production Associate (Fremont, CA)
The Production Associate is a member of the Manufacturing Production Team which could be in the various production centers at the Tesla Factory.
He/she will participate in the development and application of Tesla's Production System for the production of the Tesla Model S. Excellent attendance is crucial for team to achieve success. The ideal candidate has a proven record of success in the application of production systems in any type of manufacturing environment. He/she must have the ability to work with various teams in across production including engineering, quality, and suppliers across a wide variety of issues/ corrective actions identified in production and field performance. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are an absolute requirement to establish effective working relationships within Tesla and outside.
The successful candidate for this position takes pride in his/her hands-on and analytical abilities, organization skills and attention to detail. He/she appreciates an environment where superior work is encouraged, noticed and rewarded.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Demonstrated ability to perform standardized work process and defined work instructions.
- Understands and ensures adherence to required procedures and processes.
- Evaluates production processes and equipment to look for continuous improvement opportunities.
- Acts as a consultant to other production/engineering groups on quality issues.
- Analyze quality data to determine and drive the desired outcome.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and people skills, comfortable presenting ideas and issues to peer groups and leaders.
- Escalates functional and process failures to the appropriate support groups and leaders.
- Capable to develop and follow non-verbal communication (visual management: signs, work place organization, and pictures).
- Assist in the process design and tooling improvements â€" comfortable in suggesting and implementing new ideas that improve quality, reduce cost, support production work environment.
- Understands that there are always new opportunities for improvement and eliminate waste.
- Ability to learn quickly and self-motivated.
- Positive energy and attitude, happy
- Poise when confronted with sudden setback or stressful situations.
- Willingness to operate in a dynamic environment and team structure.
- The candidate should have hands-on experience and proven track record in production in any high quality cutting edge products.
- MS Office programs (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) experience
- May provide functional supervision in the absence of the supervisor.
- Production environment with team involvement
- Use of production equipment and tooling (power tools, automated equipment)
Skills and Abilities:
- Working for extended periods of time
- Lifting objects up to 15kg
- Use of tools that may produce vibration during use
- Use of complex tooling that requires specialized training
- Wearing Personal Protective Equipment: safety glasses, vests, shoes, hard hats
- Physical work including but not limited to pushing, pulling, gripping, twisting, reaching, etc.
- Working in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to follow a required specific sequence of steps in a process repetitively for an extended period of time
- Ability to understand codes used to make decisions
- Ability to detect abnormalities in the process using visual, touch, or auditory senses
- Ability to adjust to immediate process change due to process/shop improvement
- Perseverance in extensive process root cause analysis and countermeasure implementation
Possible weekend work and overtime required