Production Chef Gourmet Gorilla Inc.,
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
The Production Manager is responsible for the production of the 10,000 + meals a day provided to local schools. The Production Manager reports to the Food Service Director, and leads a team of Cooks, Prep Cooks, and Dishwashers. Specifically, the Production Manager will be responsible for the consistent execution of the menus and recipes, as well as the planning , inventory management, and HACCP. The Production Manager will also be responsible for ensuring that their team is properly scheduled and provided the direction and motivation needed to meet the daily production and assembly of meals for the operations. Additionally he/she is responsible for the sanitation and maintenance of the food production areas and related equipment. This is a 5-6 day a week operation with the facility in operation Sunday through Friday.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and drive needed to work effectively within a young and growing company.
- 2-3 years culinary experience in a high unit volume food production facility; additionally 2+ years of proven experience in a kitchen management role is highly desired.
- Hands on production manager experience working in a high volume, food production facility.
- Proven track record for delivering success in adverse environments.
- Proven management experience including training and development of team.
- Able to lift 50 pounds and physically perform requirements of job.
- Advanced knowledge of safe and proper knife and kitchen utensil use.
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills are required with the ability to quickly learn new programs.
- Able to work well with others and participate as part of a team.
- Able to multi-task in a professional, respectful manner with keen attention to detail.
- Committed to the Gourmet Gorilla mission that all children have access to nutritious, great tasting food to help grow healthy minds and bodies.
- Bi/Multi Lingual is a plus.
- Valid driver's license required.
- Knowledge of large- scale, scratch cooking methods
- Interest in local and organic food movement
- Experience in school meal programs.
This is a salaried position based on experience.
||Chicago, IL 60642 |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED