Production Control Scheduler SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Production Control Scheduler
Manufacturing and Production Operations | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based advanced technology company founded by residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk. SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology and engineering systems in the world.
We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries and technologies to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering. We build it, test it, and fly it.
- The Production Control Scheduler will develop and maintain plans and schedules, for the production department.
- Develop and maintain Integrated Master Plans (IMP) and Integrated Master Schedules (IMS) for programs using Microsoft Project.
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate an Integrated Production schedule for all tooling projects.
- Provide daily visibility, weekly status, and monthly reviews on schedule performance.
- Coordinate and review schedule input from engineering, propulsion, avionics, manufacturing, suppliers, and business development to develop an integrated master project schedule.
- Prepare daily work schedules, track work progress, update project critical path schedules, and advise the Production Managers of needed adjustments to daily work activities.
- Provide scheduling expertise to department, company, and other personnel as required.
- Perform Schedule baseline change control, collection and tracking performance, critical path analysis and variance analysis.
- Bachelor's degree and 5 or more years of project planning and integrated master scheduling (IMS) experience with Microsoft Project.
- Experience with medium to large sized (4000-8000 lines) projects.
- Ability to work with limited supervision to develop and manage program plans and schedules.
- Understanding of a product development process in an engineering environment and the transition to production process in a business environment.
- Experience working with an ERP system.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Analytical and organizational skills, able to be diplomatically persuasive or assertive when necessary.
- Ability to work and communicate well with others in a team environment.
- Skilled at taking in large quantities of information and presenting it in a clear and concise manner.
- Automotive or commercial aviation background is desired.
- MS Project or other scheduling experience is a plus.
- Some technical background, but not necessarily Aerospace.
- Must be a fast learner, someone who takes initiative.
- Strong communication skills.
Additional position information
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||multiple, multiple |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED