Production Engineer (Electronics) SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Production Engineer (Electronics)
Manufacturing and Production Engineering | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based space technology company founded by its residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk, the former co-founder of PayPal. The company's goal is to renew a sense of excellence in the space industry by disrupting the current paradigm of complacency and replacing it with innovation and commercialized price points; laying the foundation for a truly space-faring human civilization.
SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. In-house development includes nearly all flight critical custom components amounting to approximately 85% of our vehicles both by mass and by value. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology problems seen in any organization.
Our success is driven by a wide variety of engineering perspectives and openness to all great ideas. We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced engineering ecosystem focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering.
We build it, test it, and fly it.
Manufacturing/Production â€" One of the most critical needs we now have at SpaceX is for Manufacturing/Production staff. With two vehicles flight proven, we have a $3 billion backlog of sold flights. The next critical phase is proving our ability to build rockets and spacecraft with increasing speed while maintaining quality in order to meet the markets high demand. We are looking to add manufacturing staff throughout the company.
- Provides solutions to assembly and test issues on the spot while ensuring design integrity allowing us to stay on schedule
- Facilitate a close relationship with Engineering during design, build, and test to provide design feedback
- Personally and/or leads a team to uncover root-cause and develop a permanent resolution on issues found during assembly
- Develops a robust set of test machinery critical spares ensuring complete uptime
- Determine schedule impacts for unforeseen design changes
- Provide clear communication between Engineering and Production floor
- Figure out optimal sequencing of assembly order to boost efficiency
- Creates clear and concise work instructions from CAD model
- Coordinates deliveries of electronics to integration operations in other departments
- Confers with Engineering and suppliers concerning product tooling to ensure efficient production methods and schedules.
- Utilizing lean manufacturing tools recommend improvements in production methods, standards, tooling, equipment, layout, procedures, product designs and employee efficiency
- Support the transition of engineering projects from development to volume production
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities for yield, performance and cost
- Works with design team in response to manufacturing problems, parts obsolescence and minor requirement changes.
- Prepares and maintains documentation required to ensure efficient production of manufacturing and integration.
- Participate in design reviews to conduct DFM, DFA and DFT recommendations with innovative and cost effective solutions
- BS in Electrical/Mechanical/Industrial Engineering or related field
- Must have 2+ years' experience in Electro-Mechanical manufacturing
- Demonstrated ability to apply six-sigma, Kaizen and 5S techniques to improve manufacturability
- Hands-on electronic, electro-mechanical work.
- A demonstrated record of working in a fast paced, high-technology environment
- A strong commitment to achieving goals and hitting deadlines
- A self-motivated, self-starter, able to understand and synthesize project , team and customer needs
- Strong team ethic, positive attitude and EXCELLENT inter-personal skills
- Good grasp of financial aspects of manufacturing
- Must be able to write clear reports and present information to senior management
Additional position information
- Mechanical design (CAD) of electronic assemblies is a plus.
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||multiple, multiple |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED