Production Manager (Cleanroom) SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Production Manager (Cleanroom)
Manufacturing and Production Engineering | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based advanced technology company founded by residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk. SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology and engineering systems in the world.
We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries and technologies to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering. We build it, test it, and fly it.
- Manage final assembly, integration, and checkout of the Dragon Spacecraft.
- Manage a team integrating subassemblies from structures, propulsion, and avionics groups, powering up and checking out all spacecraft systems, and delivering a final product to launch sites.
- Manage shop floor activity, including daily schedules and workflow.
- Resolve nonconformance issues.
- Lead and manage a staff of 20+ integration technicians
- Review work instructions and making change recommendations when needed
- Meeting tight production schedules
- Responsible for staffing and vetting the appropriate skillset needed
- Assessing and reviewing current staff
- Monitor material costs and cost savings
- Identifying and set-up of training programs
- Monitor labor hours and overtime, and implement improvement plans and time management with staff
- B.S. in an engineering field or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of 10 years in final assembly and production, in aviation, aerospace, or systems with comparable complexity and high reliability.
- Minimum of 2 years in management required
- Experience with applying lean manufacturing principles, efficiency methods required.
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
- Experience bringing teams and processes from development to production desirable.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||multiple, multiple |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED