Production Manager (F9 Integration) SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Production Manager (F9 Integration)
Manufacturing and Production Operations | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based advanced technology company founded by residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk. SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology and engineering systems in the world.
We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries and technologies to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering. We build it, test it, and fly it.
- Will be responsible for leading and managing a staff of 40+ employees per shift. (up to 120 on 3 shifts)
- Manage modification, repair, assembly and integration of production assemblies in order to guarantee achievement of on time delivery and quality targets
- Managing launch site shipment preparations.
- Responsible for managing the complete production process within a predefined area and ensuring safety at all times
- Resolving reoccurring nonconformance issues
- Reviewing work instructions and making change recommendations when needed
- Meeting tight production schedules to achieve high rate production
- Responsible for assessing, staffing and vetting the appropriate skillset needed
- Monitor material costs and cost savings
- Identifying and set-up of training programs
- Developing, initiating, coordinating, and enforcing system policies, and procedures.
- Monitor labor hours and overtime, and implement improvement plans and time management with staff
- Capacity planning of equipment and personnel.
- Coordinate with Engineering and other departments to minimize production interruptions.
- Think creatively; question the status quo, while following documentation and maintaining prescribed quality standards.
- Developing and assuring adequate machine maintenance schedules and back-up spares availability
- B.S. in an engineering field or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of 4 years in high volume manufacturing sector
- Minimum of 4 years in management required with strong leadership skills
- Safety training and/or safety certifications required
- Experience monitoring, tracking and continually improving total cost equation
- Experience with applying lean manufacturing principles, efficiency methods required.
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
- Experience bringing teams and processes from development to production desirable
- Knowledgeable of ESD protocol
- Must be willing to work overtime and weekends as needed.
- Able to travel for short and extended trips as needed
- Demonstrated experience and ability to read, interpret and follow:
- Schematics: engineering drawings, circuit layouts, and parts list / Cable Harnesses: wiring diagrams, layout drawings, and parts list. / Mechanical Assemblies: mechanical drawings and parts lists.
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) with Engineering and Production.
- Able to adapt to constant changing work assignments and fast paced work environment.
- Excellent concentration and attention to detail with outstanding work efficiency and accuracy.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||multiple, multiple |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED