Production Scientist 2- Genetic Identity Promega
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Tracking Code
JOB TITLE: Production Scientist 2 (Job Code 20000328)
JOB OBJECTIVE: This individual will manufacture and quality test products and support new product transfers within the product area.
1. Manufacture a variety of products so as to meet product specifications. Follow production schedules to assure on-time delivery of finished product.
2. Perform assays to assure that products meet existing requirements for purity, activity and functionality. When necessary, evaluate raw materials to assure they meet requirements for quality.
3. Design experiments to problem-solve and improve existing manufacturing and QC processes.
4. Follow existing policies for data recording and record keeping.
5. Write, review and revise, as necessary, manufacturing and QC protocols for clarity, appropriate technical content, process improvements, scale-up and/or raw material changes as prescribed by the Promega policies and procedures.
6. Review and update technical literature for products in the immediate production area.
7. Interact as needed with Marketing, QA and R&D personnel to identify customer requirements for new products and process improvements.
8. Participate in multidisciplinary product improvement and development teams by providing information and technical support to meet team goals.
9. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Attend relevant scientific meetings, manufacturing technology meetings and technical seminars.
2. Participate in production group meetings and projects.
3. Assist in the execution of specific projects as required and assigned.
1. A.D. or B.S. or M.S. degree in a scientific discipline (e.g., Genetics, Biotechnology, Molecular Biology). Degree and years of experience as reflected in a proven record of accomplishment in the Essential Duties of this position are used to determine qualification for Production Scientist II.
2. Experience with molecular biology, general microbiology or cell biology techniques.
3. Proven record of experimental design and problem solving in area of responsibility.
4. Outstanding organizational and multi-tasking skills; able to effectively work on several projects and/or products.
5. Proven ability to work as part of a team.
6. Experience with computers or a willingness to learn so as to track inventory and to use programs applicable to this work.
7. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to interpret and communicate scientific results and to interact productively with scientists in the team.
1. Experience with PCR with a proven ability to follow contamination controls.
2. Experience as a Forensic or DNA Analyst.
3. Experience with nucleic acid purification and quantitation.
4. Experience or familiarity with ISO 9000 or cGMPs.
5. Experience with use of computers for collection and analysis of experimental data.
6. Proven ability to set goals, implement project plans, and monitor progress.
7. Experience with laboratory equipment related to amplification and capillary electrophoresis such as a AB9700, AB3130 or AB3500.
1. Ability to work at a laboratory bench for extended periods of time.
2. Ability to work with hazardous materials (e.g. chemicals, radioactivity, electrical equipment) so as not to endanger oneself or others.
3. Ability to use computers in an interactive manner for extended periods of time.
4. Ability to use standard laboratory protective equipment (e.g. goggles, lab coat, protective gloves).
5. Ability to lift 50 lb. occasionally.
Promega Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
||2800 Woods Hollow Road |
Madison, WI 53711
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED