Production Scientist 3 Promega
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Tracking Code
JOB OBJECTIVE: This individual will manufacture and quality test products and support new product transfers within the product area.
1. Independently manufacture a variety of products so as to meet product specifications. Follow schedules and plan production batches to assure on-time delivery of finished product.
2. Perform assays to assure that products meet existing requirements for purity, activity and functionality. When necessary, evaluate raw materials to assure they meet requirements for quality. Respond to customer complaints by conducting technical assessment of products and makes recommendation to QA/Complaint Resolution based on resulting data.
3. Design experiments to problem-solve and improve existing manufacturing protocols and QC methods. Implement experimental design and perform data analysis. Use scientific and technical resources to recommend solutions and solve problems.
4. Follow existing policies for data recording and record keeping.
5. Write, review and revise as necessary, manufacturing and QC protocols for clarity, appropriate technical content, process improvements, scale-up and/or raw material changes as prescribed by policies and procedures.
6. Review and update technical literature as needed for the products in the area of responsibility.
7. Interact as needed with Marketing, QA and R&D personnel to identify customer requirements for new products and process improvements.
8. Participate in multidisciplinary product improvement and development teams as needed. Provide information and technical support to meet team goals. Develop project plans for area of responsibility and analyze operational and cost impacts of process/product improvements. Communicate project updates and issues to supervisor.
9. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Attend relevant scientific meetings, manufacturing technology meetings and technical seminars.
2. Participate in production group meetings and projects.
3. Assist in the execution of specific projects as required and assigned.
1. A.D. or B.S. or M.S. degree in a scientific discipline (e.g., Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Molecular Biology, Microbiology). Degree and years of experience as reflected in a proven record of accomplishment in the Essential Duties of this position are used to determine qualification for Production Scientist III.
2. Significant experience (4+ years) with biochemical separations, compounding, and testing methods. Proven technical skills and documented ability and effectiveness in carrying out the Essential Duties of this position.
3. Documented record of accomplishment in experimental design and problem solving relevant to this position.
4. Outstanding organizational and multi-tasking skills; able to effectively work on several projects and/or products.
5. Proven ability to work as part of a team.
6. Experience with computers or a willingness to learn so as to track inventory and to use programs applicable to this work.
7. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to interpret and communicate scientific results and to interact productively with scientists in the team.
1. Experience in preparative protein purification and/or expertise in assay methods for biochemical activity, contaminant testing and product applications as required for the specific position.
2. Experience or familiarity with ISO or cGMP FDA environments.
3. Experience with use of computers for collection and analysis of experimental data.
4. Proven ability to set goals, implement project plans, and monitor progress.
1. Ability to work at a laboratory bench for extended periods of time.
2. Ability to work with hazardous materials (e.g. chemicals, radioactivity, electrical equipment) so as not to endanger oneself or others.
3. Ability to use computers in an interactive manner for extended periods of time.
4. Ability to use standard laboratory protective equipment (e.g. goggles, lab coat, protective gloves).
5. Ability to lift 50 lb. occasionally.
Promega Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
||2800 Woods Hollow Road |
Madison, WI 53711
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED