Production Supervisor (Avionics Hardware Test Lab 2nd Shift) SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Production Supervisor (Avionics Hardware Test Lab 2nd Shift)
Manufacturing and Production Operations | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based advanced technology company founded by residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk. SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology and engineering systems in the world.
We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries and technologies to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering. We build it, test it, and fly it.
- Assign and complete work based on production testing schedule
- Capacity planning and personnel training and development (including personnel reviews)
- Develop and implement efficiency improvement measures
- Working with design engineers to develop and document test procedures
- Establishing and maintaining specialist test setups
- Performing tests and recording test results
- Working with design engineers to troubleshoot failures
- Conducting tests at external specialist test houses
- Provide guidance and work leadership to less experience technicians
- Drive results and drive continuous improvement
- High school diploma is required. Associates Degree is desired. An equivalent combination of relevant experience and education is acceptable.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Highly accelerated life testing
- Thermal vacuum testing
- Vibration and shock testing
- Water pressure testing
- Test procedure development
- Electromagnetic compatibility testing
- Must have previous experience as a Lead person, Supervisor, or Manager
- Must have strong leadership skill and team working skills
- Must have strong attention to detail and lead by example
- Must be able to communicate effectively with Technicians, Responsible Engineers and Management
- Must be professional with a strong desire to excel, adaptability, and can work as a team leader
- Must be willing and able to quickly learn new skills and concepts and apply them during daily work activities
- Must have previous experience and understanding of a production environment
- Must be computer literate and able to navigate through our documentation system and process updates with stated systems such as TeamCenter, ERP, Visual and the standard Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be able to work 2nd shift on a daily basis, 3pm â€" 11:30pm
- Must be willing to work overtime and weekends as needed
- Some travel may be required
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 40lbs
- Standing for long periods of time, climbing up and down ladders, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, and stretching are generally required to perform the functions of this position.
- Associates or Bachelor's degree is preferred
- Some experience of space, aviation, military or other high-reliability operating environments is highly desirable
Additional position information
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, SpaceX hires only U.S. citizens and U.S. Permanent Residents.
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||multiple, multiple |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED