Production Supervisor - Castings - Day Tesla Motors
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Palo Alto, California-based, Tesla Motors uses proprietary technology, world-class design, and state-of-the-art manufacturing processes to create a new generation of highway capable electric vehicles. We utilize an innovative distribution model based on Company-owned sales and service centers. This approach allows us to maintain the highest levels of customer experience and benefit from short customer feedback loops to ensure our customer needs are fulfilled. We believe our operational infrastructure provides us with a competitive advantage compared to traditional automobile manufacturers.
- Provide effective supervision and coaching to assigned shift/employees to achieve the required quality and production goals. Maintain department records and inventories. Manage the movement of product through the production area.
- Ensure that product is in the process at all times. Plan and organize work for smooth operations.
- Ensure that standard operating procedures and engineering procedures are current, accurate and that all work is done in compliance to ensure maximum quality.
- Monitor to ensure that all employees comply with safety regulations and the plant's safety program.
- Work with employees to resolve technical and personnel problems. Schedule employees to effectively meet production needs and to ensure vacation and other time off consistent with plant policies. Assist in candidate selection as requested.
- Provide the shift to shift communication link in order to keep all team members working toward the same goals. Communicate to employees all issues that affect the plant.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Section Manager.
Associates or B.S. degree in Management, Engineering or related disciplines or equivalent preferred. Equivalent background considered. Equivalent background would involve a minimum of five years casting operations experience with progressive responsibility.
- Ability to meet deadlines and be accountable for quality / quantity.
- Able to manage multiple tasks with competing priorities, establish and achieve goals.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- One to three years of industrial supervisory or similar leadership experience preferred.
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including weekday and weekend overtime.
- Good computer skills, experience with Microsoft Office a must.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED