Production Supervisor (Orbital Tube Weld) SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Production Supervisor (Orbital Tube Weld)
Manufacturing and Production Engineering | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based advanced technology company founded by residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk. SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology and engineering systems in the world.
We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries and technologies to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering. We build it, test it, and fly it.
- Supervise shop floor activity, including daily schedules and workflow.
- Resolve nonconformance issues including documentation of associated rework
- Lead and manage a staff of ~40 technicians
- Review work instructions and making change recommendations when needed
- Responsible for assessing & vetting the appropriate skillset needed
- Identifying and set-up of training programs
- Develop reporting procedures and systems such as dashboard status'
- Monitor labor hours and overtime, and implement improvement plans and time management with staff
- Accomplishes production results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job results.
- Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; studying methods.
- Develop and Implement cost reductions processes and efficiency improvement measures.
- Facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- Production risk identification and mitigation.
- Ensure product quality and conformance to specifications.
- Maintain tooling and consumable supply inventory.
- Read, interpret and work from free form drawings as well as from controlled documentation and processes.
- B.S. in an engineering field or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of 3 years in high volume manufacturing sector
- Minimum of 2 years in management required with strong leadership skills
- Safety training and/or safety certifications required
- Experience monitoring, tracking and continually improving total cost equation
- Experience with applying lean manufacturing principles, efficiency methods required.
Schematics: engineering drawings, circuit layouts, and parts list / Cable Harnesses: wiring diagrams, layout drawings, and parts list. / Mechanical Assemblies: mechanical drawings and parts lists.
- Experience bringing teams and processes from development to production desirable
- Must be willing to work overtime and weekends as needed.
- Able to travel for short and extended trips as needed
- Demonstrated experience and ability to read, interpret and follow:
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) with Engineering and Production.
- Able to adapt to constant changing work assignments and fast paced work environment.
- Excellent concentration and attention to detail with outstanding work efficiency and accuracy.
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||multiple, multiple |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED