Production Supervisor - Vehicle Structures (Friction Stir Weld) - 2nd Shift SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Production Supervisor - Vehicle Structures (Friction Stir Weld) - 2nd Shift
Manufacturing and Production Operations | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based advanced technology company founded by residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk. SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology and engineering systems in the world.
We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries and technologies to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering. We build it, test it, and fly it.
- Work with Technicians to set up tooling, raw material plate on machine and spin components.
- Work with Engineering on tool and component design for additional spin-formed parts.
- Develop necessary spin techniques for various material types, sizes, and configurations.
- Direct hardware delivery projects for the development of structural components supporting the dome spinning for the tanks.
- Effectively manage an overall staff of 10+ technicians
- Manage schedule and work load according to needs
- Responsible for employee performance reviews
- Responsible of maintenance of the machine and making efficiency changes to the production process
- 2+ years of Production and Management experience required
- Must be able to read and interpret engineering drawings and blueprints.
- Must demonstrate some physical dexterity in order to correctly set up tooling and hardware.
- BS Degree in a technical field desired
- 3-5 years of experience required with hydraulic and manual spinning lathes, using heat to material during spinning.
Additional position information
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||multiple, multiple |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED