Tesla Motors is an aggressive, well-funded start-up in the San Francisco Bay Area that is making advanced electric vehicles, batteries, and drive systems a reality. We are building a technically strong, motivated and very fast-moving engineering team which prides itself on superior execution.
We are currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer to provide product engineering support for our Powertrain Factory. This role involves both rapid tactical response to issues as they arise, as well as deeper technical development of next-generation solutions for future products.
* BS or higher degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar
* 2-5+ years experience in a related industry
Relevant skills and experience:
- Strong analytic problem solving skills, using suitable tools
- Strong understanding of mechanical & electrical principles
- Experience in a high volume manufacturing environment
- Ability to read & interpret engineering drawings & specifications including tolerance stackups & GD&T
- Good interpersonal skills/ diplomatic abilities
- Strong organization and documentation skills including correspondence & reports
- Familiarity with standard mechanical and electrical testing methods and equipment
- Cost down experience
- Ability to prioritize & multi-task
- Understanding of injection molding, stamping, extrusions, die casting, sheet metal & adhesives
- Some CAD skills (CATIA V5 preferred)
- Experience with some or all of the following are a plus:
o CAD skills (CATIA V5 preferred)
o Materials Science/ Chemistry of ferrous & non-ferrous metals, plating, plastics & adhesives
o Labview, Matlab, CAN, Linux, Perl, firmware development & debugging
o PCBAs, cabling & wire harnesses
Roles and responsibilities:
- Represent Design Engineering in Production Factory
- Respond to, own & resolve engineering related production issues
- Coordinate with design engineers as well as members of other teams (production, manufacturing, quality, supply chain, etc.) to address factory issues
- Provide technical leadership for production changes, trials and deviations
- Plan and conduct tests & analyses
- Recognize, champion and implement cost reductions, product & process improvements
- Communicate relevant factory status & lessons learned back to the broader design team
Tesla Motors is hiring highly qualified and dedicated individuals. Our hiring bar is high to keep our team size small, so each member of our team must be among the most technically gifted in his or her field. You must have a demonstrated track record in your field. Here are some other hiring criteria:
- You must have a genuine passion for electric vehicles and electric propulsion systems.
- You must want to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial company.
- We are building real products -- not presentations. This must excite you. You must be a builder.
We offer a competitive salary, meaningful stock ownership, health benefits, an exciting work environment and the chance to contribute greatly towards developing more efficient transportation
|Headquarters:||1050 Bing Street|
San Carlos, CA 94070
|Industry:||Cleantech / Energy|