Professional Services Engineer - Boston Netcordia
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Professional Services Engineer - Boston
Professional Services | Remote Office Location (TBD), United States
The Professional Services Engineer is a core member of the Professional Services Organization. The Professional Services team is tasked with the configuration and deployment of Infoblox appliances and solutions and may include up to 75% travel within region. The Engineer's role focuses on the following primary objectives:
- Successful configuration of the Infoblox solution to meet the specific business requirements for an individual customer including data migration from existing solutions.
- Design and architecting solutions which meet the specific customer needs.
To be successful in this role, the Engineer must be a team player as well as an individual contributor. Whether working independently or as part of a team, individuals in this role must be able to successfully complete deliverables and meet or beat expectations within designated timeframes, as defined by a project plan. Successful candidates will have a strong foundation of excellent technical skills enhanced by a clear devotion to serving and satisfying customers.
Principal Job Responsibilities:
The Engineer is responsible for developing a basic understanding of the general business requirements supported by the Infoblox solution. Successful configuration of the Infoblox system to meet client needs also calls for an ability to quickly grasp client-specific current solutions for DNS and DHCP.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Migrating data from the customer's current systems and the Infoblox solution, as needed.
- Identifying and documenting the critical success factors for projects
- Documenting key project stakeholders.
- Developing data mapping and transformation methods using Perl and other UNIX tools.
- Develop comprehensive implementation plans designed to migrate customers from their current architecture to their new Infoblox architecture.
- Performing pre-migration testing and implementation process validation.
In this capacity, the Engineer is expected to be flexible to work with different data sources/destinations, requirements, tools, etc.
Core Competencies/Skills & Knowledge:
- 3+ years experience deploying/managing DNS/DHCP in a corporate enterprise environment.
- Deep knowledge of DNS and DHCP protocols.
- Experience and understanding DNS and DHCP implementation on UNIX
- Experience with Infoblox or other IPAM products (VitalQIP, etc)
- Thorough knowledge of writing and using Perl
- BSCS or equivalent degree with 2+ years of application development or integration experience.
- Strong communication skills, including both oral and written communication.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with internal groups (Professional Services, Engineering, Sales) as well as with customers.
- Proven experience to work as part of a team of Engineers and to deliver one or several projects simultaneously.
- Self-starter and able to work independently, while also able to share responsibilities, ideas and other information.
- Language Requirement: English
- Written: Must be able to assist with RFPs, customer communication
- Verbal: Must be able to articulate complex technical concepts
- Interpersonal: Ability to forge new, strong business relationships
- Presentation: Customer facing presentations
Contacts / Interactions:
- Internal: G&A Staff, Sales staff, Marketing staff, Engineering staff
- External: Customers, partners
License and Certification Requirements / Preferences:
Travel: (frequency, duration, domestic v. international, etc.):
- May require up to 70% travel with designated region: local, out-of-town, overnight travel within the domestic US.
- May require non-standard work hours for travel, business calls, relationship building, studying new methods and equipment, etc.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- This work is typically performed in an office environment â€" remote or customer onsite - which requires normal safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and see. Arms, hands and fingers will be needed to reach, operate and install computers; this will require more than two-thirds of the employee's work. Employee will occasionally need to lift boxes or materials up to 50 pounds. Employee will spend less than one-third of the time stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling while installing or repairing computers. Standing, walking and sitting will each require about one-third of the employee's time.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Remote Office Location, OR |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Netcordia delivers a network management system that is easy to use, produces useful information everyday, and provides a system-level view of the network.Investors: Novak Biddle Venture Partners
, Trinity Ventures All Jobs: at Netcordia
|Headquarters:||2431 Solomons Island Road|
Annapolis, MD 21401
|Company Profile:||Netcordia is a leading provider of network automation software to the worlds most complex and mission-critical networks. Its award-winning NetMRI Network Change and Configuration Management (NCCM) solution continuously audits multi-vendor infrastructures, identifies anomalies early, speeds resolution, and automates network changes. Netcordia helps more than 250 leading organizations in healthcare, manufacturing, financial services, academic, service and government stretch IT budgets, improve overall performance, meet corporate policy and comply with stringent regulations. |
Support Netcordia with Social Media services