Professional Services Engineer Palo Alto Networks
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
The Professional Services Engineer will provide onsite installation, deployment, and configuration relating to Palo Alto Networks equipment. The services engineer will function as the Palo Alto Networks products Subject Matter Expert (SME) and will interact directly with the customer's personnel and or project teams.
The services engineer will serve as the technical expert on executive-level project teams with the customer providing technical direction, interpretation, and alternatives. The services engineer contributes to the development of new principles and concepts, works on unusually complex technical problems and provides solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious.
This is a highly technical, hands-on role and the services engineer will be required to develop and maintain an expertise on the Palo Alto Network products and solutions deployed within the customer's network.
Minimum Work Experience:
- Travel to customer site installing and deploying Palo Alto Network solutions as outlined by the statement of work
- Analyze logs and events from the solution and provide threat analysis reports
- Build custom security policies and application signatures
- Interact with the Palo Alto Networks TAC to troubleshoot and diagnose support cases
- Mitigate web-based threats in a timely manner
- Maintain the Palo Alto Networks solution and provide guidance on code upgrades, etc.
- Ensure client needs are met and deliverables produced on time according to specified project deliverables/scope
- Ability to document and template necessary documentation packages for customers as defined
- Ability to work on a team or lead a team depending upon the specified project
- Ability to provide complex solutions in customer environments and execute/document said solutions by self or as a team leader
- Other tasks and duties as needed to support the customer and/or business
- Worldwide travel up to 40%
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Minimum 5 years' experience with IDS/IPS solutions and technologies
- Minimum 3 years' experience managing security solutions in large environments
- Extensive knowledge of different security threats
- Strong understanding of Internet protocols and applications
- Detailed technical experience in the installation, configuration and operation of high-end firewall appliances, ideally Palo Alto Networks products
- Ability to effectively juggle and manage many different tasks simultaneously
- MS Project or similar tools
- Scripting experience - Perl/VB
- Demonstrated project leadership skills
- CISSP, CCNA, CNSE
- BS in Computer Science, MIS, business, or equivalent education/training/experience
- Demonstrated proactive customer service skills
- Basic project management skills (develop project charter and scope, allocate resources, track progress, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and set or negotiate priorities
- Advanced problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop creative solutions
- Meeting facilitation and presentation skills
||Santa Clara, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED