Professional Services Engineer (USA) Puppet Labs
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Professional Services Engineer (USA)
Department: Technical Operations - Client Services
Reports to: Director of Professional Services
Location: Portland (remote within US may be considered)
Summary of Role
Do you have a passion for Open Source software? Excited about what Puppet is doing and want to be a part of it? Love utilizing your technical knowledge in a client-facing role?
Puppet Labs is hiring additional Professional Services Engineers to join our growing PS team! In this role, you'll help our Puppet Labs' customers succeed through training, consulting, and custom development engagements, as well as further Puppet Labs product growth with direct customer feedback.
As part of our Professional Services team, you will work with our customers to implement solutions and deliver professional services, as well as deliver training and keep Puppet & MCollective training accurate and up-to-date. In addition, you will be responsible for providing pre-sales support to Sales & Marketing, developing and publishing Puppet modules and products, and developing and promoting integration and tooling around Puppet Labs products. As Professional Services Engineer, you'll also develop blog posts and other communication for Puppet Labs, and work with R&D and Product Management to develop and test Puppet Labs products.
- Unix &/or Linux SysAdmin or DevOps background, including automation
- Strong customer relations & presentation skills - must be able to speak well in front of an audience and with customers
- Excitement about working with the Puppet community
- Passion for problem solving
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Ability to travel up to 75% (domestic & internationally)
- Technical degree (CS/IT/Eng/ITSec) or equivalent experience
- Puppet Certified, a plus!
Preferred but not required:
- Programming skills (Ruby, Python, Perl, etc.)
- Large scale infrastructure experience
- Experience with Puppet or other configuration management tools.
- Knowledge of data center management, systems management, and monitoring, networking & security
- Professional services experience in an open source/enterprise software company
Please include a cover letter with your application addressing the following:
1) Why are you interested in working for Puppet Labs?
2) Please summarize how your background fits the listed qualifications.
3) Please confirm you are available for up to 75% travel domestically & internationally.
Please include a list of references in your cover letter.
Working for Puppet Labs
Based in Portland, Oregon, Puppet Labs creates IT automation software which enables system administrators to deliver the operational agility and efficiency of cloud computing at enterprise-class service levels, scaling from handfuls of nodes on-premise to tens of thousands in the cloud. Puppet powers thousands of companies, including Twitter, Yelp, eBay, Zynga, JP Morgan Chase, Bank of America, Google, Disney, Citrix, Oracle, and Viacom. Our investors include Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, True Ventures, Radar Partners, Emerson St. Partners, VMware, Google Ventures, and Cisco.
Everyone who works here has a real, direct impact on the company, and our list of interesting and difficult challenges will always be larger than the time we have to tackle them. Our work environment is relaxed yet results driven, encouraging creativity, collaboration, and challenging each other in order to foster continuous improvement. Our employees embody our values, displaying curiosity, self-motivation, adaptability, and a passion for what Puppet Labs is all about.
||Portland, OR 97209 |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED