Professional Services, Japan Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Responsibilities: I have done that!
The Splunk Professional Services Consultant will:
- Drive complex deployments of Splunk while working side by side with the customers to solve their unique problems across a variety of use cases
- Collaborate across the entire Splunk organization to bring access to product and technical teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation gathered from customer input
- Leverage previous experiences, share best practices and create innovative solutions to push user adoption and maximize the value of Splunk
- Enable customers to solve the next wave of questions on their own
Requirements: I've already done that!
- 3-5 years of current experience in technical consulting or big data analytics
- Ability to quickly explore, examine and understand complex problems and how it relates to the customer's business
- Experience with both the Unix and Windows operating systems; comfortable on the command line interface
- Working knowledge or recent experience with scripting languages (bash), application development (java, python, .NET), databases and analytical tools
- Ability to stop, collaborate and listen with technical and non-technical consumers from IT administrators to executive level stakeholders
- Self-motivated and self-educating, yet willing and able to work collaboratively with both customers and fellow Splunkers
- Well organized with a healthy sense of urgency, able to set; communicate; and meet aggressive deadlines with competing priorities
- Demonstrable understanding of common enterprise applications (especially in the areas of security and finance)
- Not required, but a plus: statistical and analytical modeling
- Must be willing to travel up to 80% within Japan or other countries as needed
- Good command of written and spoken English and Japanese
Education: I've got it!
BA/BS preferred in computer science, computer engineering, finance or mathematics or equivalent work experience
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has 5,600 customers in over 90 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cybersecurity, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk now has over 800 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco with offices around the world.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
We offer attractive and competitive salary & benefits package and excellent career prospects to the right candidate. Benefits includes but not limited to ESPP; Health Care and Life Insurance etcâ€¦
This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready?
To all recruitment agencies: Splunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Splunk employees or any other company location. Splunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Splunk is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED