Professional Services NetMRI Engineer Netcordia
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Professional Services NetMRI Engineer
Sales | Santa Clara, CA, United States
The Professional Services NetMRI Engineer is a core member of the Professional Services Organization. The NetMRI Engineer is tasked with the implementation, integration and customization of NetMRI and may include up to 75% travel within region. The Engineer's role focuses on the following primary objectives:
To be successful in this role, the Engineer must be a team player as well as an individual contributor. Whether working independently or as part of a team, individuals in this role must be able to successfully complete deliverables and meet or beat expectations within designated timeframes, as defined by a project plan. Successful candidates will have a strong foundation of excellent technical skills enhanced by a clear devotion to serving and satisfying customers.
- Successful deployment of NetMRI to include customization of user accounts and roles, thresholds, and other setting tailored for the particular customer's needs.
- Development of scripts and policies to enable the customer to take advantage of advanced capabilities of NetMRI.
- Integration into customer ecosystem, including interaction with other management systems.
Principal Job Responsibilities:
The Engineer is responsible for developing an advanced understanding of the general business requirements supported by the Infoblox NetMRI solution. Successful implementation requires the ability to understand the customer network architecture, existing network management solutions, and organizational processes.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Identifying and documenting the critical success factors for projects
- Documenting key project stakeholders.
- Consulting with customers to understand their requirements.
- Develop scripts and policies.
- Ability to provide guidance and provide constructive feedback to team members.
In this capacity, the Engineer is expected to be flexible to work with different data sources and/or destinations, requirements, tools, etc.
Core Competencies/Skills & Knowledge:
- Advanced knowledge and experience deploying routing and switching in a corporate environment. CCIE, CISSP or equivalent experiences a bonus.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in SNMP and Network Management concepts.
- Experience in the concepts of Network Engineering and Network Operations.
- Ability to analyze and apply a customer's processes to the implementation of a network management solution.
- Strong scripting experience, PERL preferred.
- BSCS or equivalent degree with 4+ years of application development or integration experience.
- Strong communication skills, including both oral and written communication.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with internal groups (Professional Services, Engineering, Sales) as well as with customers.
- Proven experience to work as part of a team of Engineers and to deliver one or several projects simultaneously.
- Self-starter and able to work independently, while also able to share responsibilities, ideas and other information.
- Language Requirement: English
- Written: Must be able to assist with RFPs, customer communication
- Verbal: Must be able to articulate complex technical concepts
- Interpersonal: Ability to forge new, strong business relationships and guidance as necessary to peers
- Presentation: Customer facing presentations
Contacts / Interactions:
- Internal: G&A Staff, Sales staff, Marketing staff, Engineering staff
- External: Customers, partners
License and Certification Requirements / Preferences:
Travel: (frequency, duration, domestic v. international, etc.):
- Preferred: CCIE/JNCIE/CISSP
- May require up to 70% travel with designated region: local, out-of-town, overnight travel within the domestic US.
- May require non-standard work hours for travel, business calls, relationship building, studying new methods and equipment, etc.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Santa Clara, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Netcordia delivers a network management system that is easy to use, produces useful information everyday, and provides a system-level view of the network.Investors: Novak Biddle Venture Partners
, Trinity Ventures All Jobs: at Netcordia
|Headquarters:||2431 Solomons Island Road|
Annapolis, MD 21401
|Company Profile:||Netcordia is a leading provider of network automation software to the worlds most complex and mission-critical networks. Its award-winning NetMRI Network Change and Configuration Management (NCCM) solution continuously audits multi-vendor infrastructures, identifies anomalies early, speeds resolution, and automates network changes. Netcordia helps more than 250 leading organizations in healthcare, manufacturing, financial services, academic, service and government stretch IT budgets, improve overall performance, meet corporate policy and comply with stringent regulations. |
Support Netcordia with Social Media services