Professional Services Resource Manager - NE Workday, Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Workday is the leader in enterprise-class, software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions for managing global businesses. Our solutions combine the lower cost of ownership of SaaS with a modern approach to applications. Founded by PeopleSoft veterans Dave Duffield and Aneel Bhusri, Workday delivers Human Capital Management, Payroll, Financial Management and Worker Spend Management solutions for midsize and Fortune 500 companies.
The Professional Services Resource Manager is a position ideally based in New York, New York or surrounding areas.Â This individual is first and foremost a team player who must work across different functional groups seamlessly.Â This individual is a detail oriented, self-starter who thrives on solving problems and building streamlined processes across within our Services organization.Â The ideal candidate is a hardworking and highly organized professional, who has solid skills and experience in Resource Planning and Project Management.Â The Professional services Resource Manager must have strong communication skills and must feel comfortable working with all levels of the organization.Â
Specifically, the Resource Manager for the Eastern regions will manage the Staffing and Resource Planning for Professional Services at Workday in that geographical area.Â Â The Resource Manager fulfills all of the Functional resource requirements while working closely with the Technical Resource Manager to fulfill any integration, data conversion, and custom reporting needs.Â The Resource Manager will need to understand the Professional Services methodology and approach to strategically filling the roles with an eye to practice development and resource optimization.Â The Resource Manager will need to understand the all of the unique requirements for our customers and know the capabilities of our resources to ensure proper fit.Â Finally, the Resource Manager will work very closely with the Regional VPâs or Directors and Consulting Managers to grow the practice, ensure proper optimization of resources, and work strategically with our Partner coordinator to staff subcontractors as necessary on our projects.
Responsibilities:Â There are two main responsibility areas for the Resource Manager role
- Plan the allocation of Workday Â Professional resources for specific service implementation projects to meet project requirements
- Work directly with Regional Management to fulfill all open resource needs
- Forecast supply and demand for given skills profiles
- Identify risk areas i.e. supply/demand, over/under staffed, shortage of a specific skill etc. and review these with internal stakeholders and Partner managers
- Actively participate in Opportunity pipeline reviews for visibility on future projects
- Work with the Workday Partner Coordinator to help maintain relationships with partner consulting firms sub-contracting to Workday
- Work directly with Workday Partner Coordinator to address staffing requirements that cannot be filled internally
- Work with Consulting Managers to coordinate on-boarding new consultants to ensure a successful ramp up period
- Ensure new consultants are trained and ramped on process, systems and tools that relate to the Resource ManagementÂ function
- Collaborate across different functional groups within Workday and Partner organizations (ie, IT, Finance, Operations, Legal, etc.)
- Help to manage Professional Services Automation (PSA) system including:
- Booking approvals â ie, approval for resource requests on projects
- Timesheet and Expense approval
- Assist with rate updates & monthly Partner Payment spreadsheet review
- Quarterly audit of system users for security
- Manage and track Consultant skills and resumes in OpenAir
- Collaborate with Regional Resource Managers and Consulting Managers to report on, monitor and update the billings forecast data
- Point of contact to Business Development Managerâs for resumes & support for RFPs
- Maintain and report on data across multiple systems within Workday
- Weekly resource reporting â future bookings, availability (or bench) reporting, variance reports, and other metrics as required by management
- Actively participate in on-going process improvement discussions and activities
Skills and Other Requirements:
- Bachelorâs degree or equivalent
- At least 2 â 3 years experience in resource/project management
- Bachelorâs degree or equivalent preferred
- The ideal candidate is a hardworking and highly organized professional, who has solid skills and experience in resource planning and project management
- Professional/Consulting Services Operations or Resource Management experience a plus
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow defined process steps is required.Â Strong administrative background is preferred
- Ability to work well in a fast paced start-up environment with conflicting priorities
- Ability to manage change effectively and with a positive attitude
- Ability and willingness to go above and beyond to get the job done
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office, salesforce.com, and Professional Services Automation tools a must.
- Ability to quickly learn new programs or tools as rolled out by Operations
||Secaucus, NJ |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
The Workday experience is the combination of everything that's unique about Workday: our culture, our core values, our company meetings, our Development "Show and Tell" happy hours, our soccer team, our recognition programs, but most importantly it's our people. It's everything that makes us different from your average employer, and everything that makes Workday a great place to spend a work day.
> 50M RaisedInvestors: Greylock Partners
, NEA All Jobs: at Workday, Inc.
|Headquarters:||6230 Stoneridge Mall Rd.|
Pleasanton, CA 94588
Support Workday, Inc. with Social Media services