Program Director - Enterprise Planning and Strategic Operations Workday, Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
This is a senior level position within Workdayâs IT organization. The leader is accountable for building and maintaining a world-class PMO within Workday IT that will provide project management services across application infrastructure and technology enabled business transformation projects. Provides strategic leadership and general direction to a team of project managers. The leader is responsible for ensuring consistent, successful and repeatable deliveries through the adoption of proven methodologies and tools. The leader contributes to the development of the overall IT strategy and annual operating plans. The ideal candidate will be an information technology leader in a hands-on operational environment with significant experience in delivering large cross functional programs and initiatives.
Â Key areas of responsiblity:
- Reporting to the Vice President IT this position will assume the leadership role for the Enterprise Program Management Office, focused on internal application infrastructure and technology enabled business transformation projects.
- Builds and maintains relationships with executives and business partners to gain full understanding and achieve close alignment between business and IT strategies, priorities, planning and delivery of capabilities.
- Provides the strategic direction and continuous improvement for a high-performing PMO within Workday IT that will provide project management services across application infrastructure and technology enabled business transformation projects (supply of resources, development of methods, and pipeline of supplemental talent).
- Contribute to the creation of the annual project portfolio for IT.
- Partner with senior management to proactively identify, develop and drive short-term and long-term IT solutions and strategies that deliver efficiencies, reliability, and support the growth of Workday.
- Attract, retain, develop and lead a Project Management Organization
- Serves as a âteacherâ in PM best practices, ensuring that the PM organization has the skills to deliver a project portfolio that represents a significant company investment.
- Ensure consistent, successful and repeatable deliveries through the adoption of proven methodologies and tools.
- Develop a strong project management culture, key relationships with business solutions management, measurable service levels and a cost-effective delivery organization.
- Leverages best practices within the industry.
- Focuses on improving and anticipating future IT needs to support Workdayâs business.
- Influences, negotiates and handles controversial business information at the senior management level within Workday and with business partners.
- Understands the dynamics and financial issues and Workdayâs business, which involves prioritizing projects/issues and determining the business opportunities to balance value and mitigate risk.
- Serves as a leader and role model by demonstrating and encouraging continuous technology excellence and acting as a change agent for the broader organization.
- Seasoned Judgment: Makes timely, tough decisions taking all critical information into account; able to grasp specifics of an ambiguous situation yet keep the larger picture in focus.
- Drive Execution: Ensures the assignment of authority and accountability to support key strategy execution; integrates efforts across units and functions; provides leadership to overcome barriers and achieve results through individual and team efforts.
- Champion change and innovation: Develops personal creativity; encourages innovation in others; champions change initiatives; challenges the status quo; acts as a catalyst of change and stimulates others to change; paves the way for needed change.
- Influence and Negotiation: Promotes ideas and proposals persuasively; able to work through conflicts to negotiate win/win solutions that benefit Workday; shapes stakeholder opinions effectively; projects a positive image of the organization.
- Building Organizational Relationships: Actively cultivates relationships within and outside of the organization to exchange ideas, obtain support and drive company results; maintains communications with employees at all levels; promotes collaboration across the company.
- Inspire Trust: Establishes open, candid, and trusting relationships; maintains high standards of personal integrity and treats all individuals fairly and with respect; behaves in accordance with expressed beliefs and commitments.
- High impact delivery: Delivers messages clearly, convincingly and in a well-organized manner; able to vary communications style for multiple audiences; projects credibility and poise; translates complex concepts and ideas into understandable terms.
||Pleasanton, CA |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
The Workday experience is the combination of everything that's unique about Workday: our culture, our core values, our company meetings, our Development "Show and Tell" happy hours, our soccer team, our recognition programs, but most importantly it's our people. It's everything that makes us different from your average employer, and everything that makes Workday a great place to spend a work day.
> 50M RaisedInvestors: Greylock Partners
, NEA All Jobs: at Workday, Inc.
|Headquarters:||6230 Stoneridge Mall Rd.|
Pleasanton, CA 94588
Support Workday, Inc. with Social Media services