Program Management Office Lead Silver Spring Networks
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Tracking Code
Silver Spring Networks is looking for an experienced Program Management Office lead to join our Smart Grid Services & Operations Team. The PMO Lead will support project planning, project controls, contract administration and reporting aspects of a smart grid initiative in the St. Petersburg area.
Based in St. Petersburg, FL, the PMO will report to the Engagement Manager and must be prepared to travel to headquarters in Redwood City, CA occasionally.
The PMO Lead must be able to appropriately manage client expectations and requirements, project scope, project risks and issues, and team resources, while ensuring accurate, timely, and complete reporting.
- Project Management -- Prepare and manage fully loaded project plans, including risks and issues. Understand and analyze the impact of changing priorities and balance resources appropriately. Manage time, budget and resources for projects while meeting implementation schedule. Provide regular reporting to internal SSN team/external customer team on the following types of items:
Level 1, 2, 3 schedules
Issues and risks
Earned value management system, including quantity tracking
Costs, expenditure accrual forecasts, invoicing
Change order management
And any reporting as required.
- Implementation Processes -- Create, support and ensure the standardization of project controls tools, templates, metrics and processes across clients with multiple entities/locations. Identify and implement process improvements as needed
- Knowledge Management -- Develop repository of customer/project-specific materials for easy and convenient knowledge management and transfer
- Business Planning -- Must be knowledgeable of project scope and contract requirements, particularly around the project controls. Support and understand impacts to Service Contracts/Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- Customer Management -- Build successful partnerships and instill confidence and credibility. Set clear expectations on project deliverables and changes to critical path. Work with Account Leadership and customer to manage priorities and balance expectations
- Facilitation -- Participate in face-to-face & virtual project meetings with customers & SSN management as part of project deployment. Document and communicate all project issues and risks, potential solutions and recommended actions to SSN management and client executives. Help expedite critical project needs (purchase orders, prototype delivery, etc.) as necessary
- Technical/Functional Knowledge -- Troubleshoot basic problems and find assistance for complex problems. Educate associates and customers while serving as a subject matter expert on project controls
- Operational Excellence -- Identify and recommend improvements to operating standards, policies, procedures and equipment related to SSN projects to increase efficiency, improve consistency of operating standards, decrease operating costs and improve overall customer satisfaction
- Teamwork -- Develop and nurture strong, collaborative, trusting relationships across the company, team members and key clients. Partner with remote SSN resources at customer locations
Oversee onsite SSN PMO Office support staff as necessary.
Education: BS in Engineering, BA in Business, or equivalent
Professional Qualification: PMI PMP certification
Active Membership: PMI
Expertise in project management programs. MS Project is SSN?s standard project management application
Skilled in MS SharePoint (building site collections, web parts, libraries and custom lists)
Skilled in web conferencing tools (MS Live Meeting, WebEx, ConferencePlus, or other)
Experienced in personal computer operations and advanced user of MS Office Tools
Practicing PMP project manager or demonstrated skills in the areas of project management and resource planning or 5+ years of Project Management experience
Ability to coordinate and lead onsite & virtual meetings of cross-functional and internal/external participants
Must possess above average written & verbal communication skills and communicate effectively with management & key stakeholders
Ability to travel 10-20% of the time, within North America
Experience and knowledge of smart grid industry is desirable
Must be able to have fun while working in a dynamic and at times, challenging environment
St. Petersburg, Florida, United States
||St. Petersburg, FL |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
We are a highly innovative, committed team, collaborating to make a difference in the world. Our rapid growth, passion and high energy create a somewhat chaotic and intense environment, yet we are very focused on our customers and meeting our commitments. We are smart, creative and hard-working, and believe the work we do and the people we work with are fun. Silver Spring Networks had their IPO in March of 2013 and we are not looking back.
Investors: Foundation Capital All Jobs: at Silver Spring Networks
|Headquarters:||555 Broadway Street|
Redwood City, CA 94063
|Industry:||Cleantech / Energy|
|Company Profile:||With more than ten years of experience, Silver Spring Networks is the leader in networking technologies that modernize today's power grid. We have delivered more than 16.5 million Silver Spring-enabled devices, which our utility partners rely on, in concert with our software and services, to improve energy management and efficiency. Silver Spring securely connects consumers and utility providers through powerful and proven energy networks that can be easily expanded as needs evolve.
Our open, standards-based networking solutions enable all energy devices, from in-home energy devices to smart meters to load control devices, to connect together to deliver the highest performance possible. By connecting homes and businesses directly with their local utility, we help everyone manage and integrate renewable energy sources better, bringing greater energy efficiency to the planet and our world - brilliantly.
Support Silver Spring Networks with Social Media services