Program Manager, Custom Products Promega
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Tracking Code
JOB OBJECTIVE: Manage interrelated Custom projects and initiatives in support of Custom Operations strategy.
1. Managing custom product timelines throughout multiple Production groups to ensure on-time delivery to customer.
2. Liasion and advocate for Promega branch locations. Create tools necessary for branch locations to be successful. Monitor sales as a way to determine success of tools implemented.
3. Data mining internal software to develop COGS or other information necessary for custom business procurement or custom product manufacture.
4. Develops custom product options for leaders on best methods/processes and identifies potential obstacles/resource bottlenecks and provides possible solutions.
5. Using internal software programs to set-up new part numbers/sku?s for new custom products.
6. Interact as needed with Marketing, QA, R&D and Sales personnel to identify customer requirements and evaluate viable technical solutions.
7. Utilize project management skills to champion and manage the execution of activites in order to deliver products that meet customer requirements.
8. Managing and correcting issues that arise related to Custom products across multiple departments.
9. Manage a group of interrelated opportunties. Analyze the opportunities for common characteristics or issues and then develop tools and/or processes to improve efficiencies and enhance the customer?s experience.
10. Develop and utilize tools to report and communicate on the status of opportunities against growth targets.
11. Manage internal and external interactions and work directly with the Custom Order department to ensure custom/co-development projects finish on-time.
12. Interact with internal and external customers, either in person or via conference call, to ensure customer?s expectations are met or exceeded. Must have proven outstanding communication skills.
13. Write, review and revise, as necessary, documentation to support the creation and maintenance of custom products as prescribed by the Promega Corporation Quality System.
14. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Attend relevant scientific meetings, manufacturing technology meetings and technical seminars.
2. Participate in group meetings and projects.
3. Assist in the execution of specific projects as required and assigned.
1. B.S. or M.S. degree in a scientific discipline (e.g., Genetics, Biotechnology, Molecular Biology). Degree and 6+ years of experience as reflected in a proven record of accomplishment in the Essential Duties of this position are used to determine qualification for Program Manager, Custom Products.
2. Can demonstrate leadership skills and the ability to solve complex problems.
3. Proven record of experimental design and problem solving in area of responsibility.
4. Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills; able to effectively work on several projects and/or products. Able to work in a fast-paced environment with constantly changing priorities.
5. Proven ability to work as part of a team.
6. Experience with molecular biology, general microbiology or cell biology techniques.
7. Experience with computers or a willingness to learn so as to track inventory and to use programs applicable to this work.
8. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to interpret and communicate scientific results and to interact productively with scientists in the team.
1. Successful experience in an entrepreneurial environment.
2. Formal Project Management training.
3. International experience, especially working with overseas team members.
4. Ability to travel internationally as required (less than 10%).
2. Experience in Manufacturing, R&D or QA.
3. Experience with ERP systems such as SAP.
4. Experience or familiarity with ISO 9000 or cGMPs.
6. Proven ability to set goals, implement project plans, and monitor progress.
1. Ability to use computers in an interactive manner for extended periods of time.
2. Ability to use standard laboratory protective equipment (e.g. goggles, lab coat, protective gloves).
5. Ability to lift 50 lb. occasionally.
Promega Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
||2800 Woods Hollow Road |
Madison, WI 53711
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED