Palo Alto, California-based, Tesla Motors uses proprietary technology, world-class design, and state-of-the-art manufacturing processes to create a new generation of highway capable electric vehicles. We utilize an innovative distribution model based on Company-owned sales and service centers. This approach allows us to maintain the highest levels of customer experience and benefit from short customer feedback loops to ensure our customer needs are fulfilled. We believe our operational infrastructure provides us with a competitive advantage compared to traditional automobile manufacturers.
Tesla Motors is seeking a Palo Alto based Project/ Program Manager to support the management of aftersales interactions with our OEM customers. This role is at a key connection point between our engineering and production base in Silicon Valley and our OEM customers in Europe. As the direct person of contact for our OEM customers you will support the management of aftersales interactions for Tesla powertrain components and equipment used in the OEM's electric vehicles. This role includes managing cross-functional teams focused on delivering new and upgrading existing hardware and software products. This person needs to develop, define and execute project plans and schedules from initiation through delivery, while closely monitoring and optimizing company resources. In addition to a thorough technical background you need strong organizational skills to ensure projects are completed on schedule and within budget constraints. Since this role is in direct contact with our OEM customers you need to be an excellent communicator.
- Manage aftersales interactions with our OEM customers and act as direct customer liaison for technical and organizational inquiries.
- Manage cross-functional teams to deliver new or upgrade existing hardware and software products.
- Develop, define, execute and monitor project plans, schedules, budgets and deliverables.
- Provide organizational and technical support for final production processes and deliveries of our OEM powertrain components.
- Coordinate with field service and engineering design teams to determine and fix root causes for failures found in the field.
- Work with engineering and manufacturing teams to ensure new issues are fully investigated and that countermeasures are in place.
- Develop and document procedures for use, handling, charging, storage and shipment of Tesla powertrain components.
- Availability for travel to various customer locations in continental Europe as well as occasional off-hours calls and work.
- Strong ability to work and communicate effectively with her/ his team and peers inside and outside the organization.
- Strong ability to work independently, with strong organization and documentation skills.
- Exceptional capacity for managing simultaneous activities and challenges.
- Proven skills in a technical project or program management roll, automotive a plus.
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated confidence and professionalism in working in a customer-facing role.
- Experience with complex automotive/ electromechanical systems, preferably electric vehicles or high voltage DC systems.
- Skilled with common workplace and database software (MS Word, Excel, Visio, Access, etc).
- Experience with organizational, planning or engineering support of an automotive production line a plus.
- Previous experience working on a distributed team across multiple time zones a plus.
- Able to read and interpret mechanical drawings and electrical schematics, experience with CAD systems such as CATIA a plus.
- Experience with manufacturing, quality and design improvement methods (six sigma, 8D, FMEA etc). Automotive related a plus.
- Experience with automotive quality and test standards as well as regulatory compliance and testing (SAE, FMVSS, etc) a plus.
- BS degree in either Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical, Mechatronics) or Business Administration with technical background.
- Minimum 2+ years of experience as program or project manager in a technical field.
- Must be fluent in English (preferably additional European languages such as German or Dutch).
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.