Palo Alto, California-based, Tesla Motors uses proprietary technology, world-class design, and state-of-the-art manufacturing processes to create a new generation of highway capable electric vehicles. We utilize an innovative distribution model based on Company-owned sales and service centers. This approach allows us to maintain the highest levels of customer experience and benefit from short customer feedback loops to ensure our customer needs are fulfilled. We believe our operational infrastructure provides us with a competitive advantage compared to traditional automobile manufacturers.
Project Coordinator, Service Operations
As the only U.S. automaker that builds and sells highway-capable EVs in serial production, and EV powertrain components, Tesla Motor's goal is to produce a full range of electric cars, from sports cars to mass-market vehicles â€" relentlessly driving down the cost of electric vehicles. We've delivered more than 2,200 Roadsters to customers in North America, Europe and the Asia Pacific Region. Model S, the first premium sedan to be built from the ground up as an electric vehicle, goes on the market in mid-2012.
We're looking for a Project Coordinator to work on one of the most progressive vehicle brands in the world. This position requires a strong understanding of business processes and operations, as well as the willingness to adapt to and excel in a dynamic business environment. The position is located at the Tesla Factory in Fremont. If you are interested in becoming a part of a world-class team supporting the latest EV technology, we are interested in hearing from you. More details about the job are listed below:
- Work with and support the Project Manager on operations and strategy projects in Tesla's fast-growing Service Organization
- Research, gather, and analyze information and data, validate results, and deliver conclusions to the Project Manager and Management
- Coordinate work packages for internal and external process partners: define needs, set timelines, and drive to completion
- Accurately record and track information in core business tools (MS Excel/Word, databases, online tools)
- Manage and communicate timelines and tasks regularly to key project stakeholders
- Effectively handle multiple priorities, organize workload, and meet deadlines
- Perform other related administrative and supportive duties as assigned
- This is an expanding role: the ideal candidate is a highly motivated and intelligent self-starter with the desire for constant process improvement. Role and responsibilities grow with mastered challenges.
- Experience in project coordination and basic project management skills required
- Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and advanced computer skills
- Ability to learn and master new web-based tools to organize tasks and projects, and to track findings and deliverables
- Solid understanding of business processes to be able to understand and improve workflows
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as the ability to follow instructions
Education and Experience:
- 2+ years of professional experience in a corporate or start-up environment with technology background
- 4-year college/university degree (automotive technology certification or background a plus)
- Experience in the automotive industry preferred, but other relevant technology experience acceptable
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with internal and external partners
- Maintain high professional integrity and ethics
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
|Location:||Fremont, CA |
|Headquarters:||1050 Bing Street|
San Carlos, CA 94070
|Industry:||Cleantech / Energy|