Project Manager - Asset Management - SI - 6729 Surrex
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Job TypeContract Full-Time
Responsible for overall coordination, status reporting and stability of project oriented work efforts. Establishes and implements project management processes and methodologies for the IT community to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards and meet customer expectations. Responsible for assembling project plans and teamwork assignments, directing and monitoring work efforts on a daily basis, identifying resource needs, performing quality review; and escalating functional, quality, timeline issues appropriately. Responsible for tracking key project milestones and adjusting project plans and/or resources to meet the needs of customers. Coordinates communication with all areas of the enterprise that impacts the scope, budget, risk and resources of the work effort being managed. Assists Program Manager(s) in partnering with senior management of the business community to identify and prioritize opportunities for utilizing IT to achieve the goals of the enterprise. Must possess extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools, resource management practices and change management techniques. Project Management certification or successful completion of a recognized project management curriculum is preferred. Typically has 5 to 7 years of IT work experience, including 4 or more years managing projects. Experience with projects in multiple technologies and functions.
Working directly with the Director of the Enterprise Program Management Office (EPMO) the Project Manager will execute and facilitate as well as aid in the directing of strategy, business analysis, resource allocation and project management for projects conducted at customer. As a member of the EPMO team, the Project Manager will leverage knowledge of the asset management industry to deliver complete business solutions aligned with the strategic vision and corporate goals of customer. This position will be expected to oversee and manage the complete lifecycle of a project including oversight for all business, operations and technical efforts. The Project Manager will institute an open and transparent communication environment for all project efforts across project team members, stakeholders and sponsors.
As a dependency to project success, the Project Manager will follow and champion the project management best practices and guideline as defined by the EPMO. The Project Manager will participate in, and provided input to, the ongoing efforts to improve efficiency of the EPMO team and project management functions.
1. Further the business goals of customer through the direct management and execution o f best-in-class projects/solutions for customer.
2. Build strong relationships with business divisions and departments across customer globally; represent, champion and further the goals and opportunities of customer teams in support of assigned initiatives.
3. Display, or actively gather, a detailed understanding for the business needs and objectives of customer and related internal clients globally based on project.
4. Provide project management, prioritization, direction, and leadership to team members in order to accomplish defined project deliverables.
5. Plan, implement and control project work
6. Develop project scope, budgets , project plans and communication plans
7. Manage and monitor all project deliverables to successful completion, leverage EPMO best practices and complete project artifacts as appropriate.
8. Actively create and manage project work plans, issues, risks, and key decisions.
9. Monitor project budget and resources working with EPMO colleagues and project team members, escalate issues as appropriate.
10. Work with project team to allocate resources appropriately. Review demand and capacity and be able to work out conflicts or reprioritize as needed.
11. Actively communicate with project team members, sponsors, and stakeholders
12. Create metrics to measure project success
13. Conduct lessons learned meetings/surveys and analyze data and report to sponsor and team
14. Demonstrated ability to work independently on a wide array of corporate projects.
15. Experience in project lifecycle management, feasibility analysis and conceptual design through development, implementation, training and rollout.
16. Ability to align functional expertise and solutions to meet the changing demands of clients, competitors and regulators
17. Strong interpersonal and management skills, including the ability to work across the organization and interact/influence/negotiate effectively at all levels of management and peers.
18. Serve as a subject matter expert in the field of Project Management, maintaining a solid understanding of the field and its related technologies.
19. Performs additional duties as required.
Bachelor?s degree or equivalent required. Master?s degree or equivalent preferred.
Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
- Five or more (5+) years of related project management experience within the asset management or financial services industry.
- Practical experience leading projects through all phases of delivery
- Previous member of a Enterprise or Project Management Office preferred
- Financial skills to manage project's operating and capital budgets.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and management skills.
- Experience designing and delivering presentations and training to diverse audiences, including senior management, administrative staff members, technical and non-technical personnel, and clients of customer.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to interact with all levels of customer management.
||Boston, MA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED