Project Manager, Cloud Ops Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
As the sole project manager for Cloud Ops, you will be responsible for all infrastructure-related activities to support Splunk cloud services. This role will require working closely with Engineering, Security, and Product teams to ensure the operational needs of Splunk cloud services are met with a focus on cost, quality, security.
To work with Engineering, you will be familiar with Agile software methodologies. Having a basic understanding of DevOps is crucial since Splunk leverages a combination of cloud and automation â€" AWS and Chef â€" to build and maintain the underlying infrastructure.
Security of our cloud services is of paramount importance. You will work closely with Security, Engineering, and Operations to ensure all controls and policies are audited and routinely tested by our partners.
Partner with Product to conduct Quarterly Service Reviews (QBRs). The QBRs serve two major purposes â€" for Operations to provide a readout on project deliverables, KPIs and SLAs, and for Product to share release cycles and roadmaps
Unlike traditional IT project Manager roles, this role is focused solely on externally facing Splunk cloud services. There is no internal IT component to this role.
This is a great opportunity for a project manager to work in an innovative, fast-paced environment that is enabling our customers to gain application and operational intelligence via the cloud.
- Ensure all operational objectives are met for Splunk cloud services
- Collaborate across Engineering, Security, and Product to ensure cloud infrastructure projects are appropriately prioritized and managed accordingly
- Establish and measure KPIs and SLAs
- Ensure security controls and polies are well-documented, audited, and tested on a regular basis
- Conduct internal Quarterly Service Reviews (QSRs)
- Work closely with Finance to ensure all operational costs are tracked and remain within budget
- Work closely with Product to ensure product release cycles are seamlessly incorporated into operating environments
- Assist the Cloud Ops team in ensuring all deployment process are documented and kept current
Education: Got it!
- 5 to 10 years of experience in project management
- Familiarity SOC 2, ISO27001, SANS 20 Critical Security Controls, HIPPA, and PCI/DSS a distinct advantage
- Experience in conducting QSRs with internal teams
- Experience in leveraging AWS or other public cloud providers to provision infrastructure a distinct advantage
- Proven track record for managing major deliverables on time and within budget
- A self-starter that thrives in an innovative / fast paced environment
- Familiarity with Agile, Scrum, or Lean-Kanban an advantage
- Excellent communication skills liaising with both technical and non-technical professionals
- ITILv3/PMI certification beneficial
- Bachelors or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field and 1 year of experience in the job offered or in a related Software Engineering position including QA Engineer, Financial Engineer and Software Development Engineer
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 4,000 customers in over 80 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cyber security, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk software has become a platform for machine data!
Splunk now has over 700 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in Cupertino, CA and 8 offices around the world.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer, â€œFun Fridaysâ€.
This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready?
To all recruitment agencies: Splunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Splunk employees or any other company location. Splunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Splunk is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.ÂÂÂ
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED