Project Manager, Facilities Development
Tesla's goal is to accelerate the world's transition to electric mobility with a full range of increasingly affordable electric cars. California-based Tesla designs and manufactures EVs, as well as EV powertrain components for partners such as Toyota and Daimler. In Q1 of 2013 Tesla has delivered more than 10,000 electric vehicles to customers in 31 countries. Tesla's Model S is the world's first premium sedan designed and engineered from the ground up as an electric vehicle and was named Automobile Magazine's 2013 Automobile of the YearÂ® and Motor Trend's prestigious 2013 Car of the YearÂ®.
Coordinate facilities projects and related activities from scope inception to physical completion. Perform job startup tasks including material takeoffs, division of labor, material and labor procurement, and scheduling. Physically coordinate resources to ensure projects are executed as per approved specifications, schedules, and budgets. Perform job closeout tasks and execute punch lists to ensure projects are delivered on time and per specifications. Develop and maintain job site housekeeping to increase the level of organization, efficiency, and safety on site. Perform facilities support coordination activities for manufacturing, material handling, logistics, and other support groups. We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines
- Increase project startup quality to ensure that activities are 100% ready for execution before work begins and ultimately decrease change orders over the course of the project.
- Provide proactive supervision during performance of construction to maximize labor efficiency across all trades.
- Increase project closeout quality by managing punch lists to ensure each activity is brought to 100% completion and ready for inspection, succeeding phase, space occupation, etc.
- Act as a Purchasing Agent under Project Manager's direction to define scopes, procure material, and schedule delivery.
- Support lean construction principles with a strong emphasis on value engineering to drive costs down.
- Identify and expedite long lead items.
- Schedule and execute submittals, shop drawings, and subcontractor work for assigned projects.
- Obtain supplier data and perform new vendor setup as needed to ensure materials are on site when needed.
- Participate in job layout. Verify elevations, dimensions, etc.
- Procure equipment and ensure equipment functionality/maintenance.
- Maintain material inventory and ensure quality.
- Prepare/update activity schedule.
- Identify and formalize changes as they occur.
- Manage workload with positive attitude to proactively help co-workers.
- Excellent listening skills, organizational skills, and strong communications skills.
- Ability to identify and resolve complex issues.
- Effective participation in the team environment.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook/Excel/PowerPoint).
- 2+ years of prior construction experience.
- Some level of higher education is a must. Bachelor's degree is recommended. Bachelor's degree in Construction Management of Engineering or related degree is preferred.
- A strong work ethic and a â€œcan-doâ€ attitude are a must.
- Available for weekend/night work to meet schedule demands.
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
|Headquarters:||1050 Bing Street|
San Carlos, CA 94070
|Industry:||Cleantech / Energy|