Project Manager - Engineering Digital Signal
Digital Signal Corporation is seeking a Project Manager - Engineering for their Chantilly, Va location.
Digital Signal Corporation (DSC) is the technology startup opportunity you?ve been looking for. With the global landscape constantly evolving, our company stands out as an innovator in the facial recognition arena. We can do what no other company does?.combine precision 3d image processing with biometrics. Our technology works on the move?.uninhibited by minor obstacles such as aviator shades and baseball caps. Together, we can invent, design, and supply solutions to the commercial industry.
Take your Engineering Project Management expertise and skills with New Product Introduction (NPI) into manufacturing to new levels with DSC. Utilizing Project management (PM) disciplines, you will help plan, organize, lead, and monitor the activities of hardware and software teams while assuring overall adherence to requirements, schedules, budgets, and defined deliverables. Game On!!!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, document, and facilitate the obtainment of schedules, requirements, and budgetary targets relating to DSC products. Ensure that project management information is kept up-to-date, provide regular status updates to stakeholders, and prepare reports of issues and actions for senior management.
- Provide effective leadership for company projects, including communication, execution, and coordination of project activities.
- Work with cross-functional teams to resolve discrepancies, remove or mitigate roadblocks & conflicts, act on issues of non-compliance, and facilitate communications among all project stakeholders.
- Ensure effective tracking of outstanding deliverables, milestones, and change requests.
- Support and be the primary point of control for the engineering product development process.
SKills & Qualifications:
- B. S. degree in technical field - Mechanical, Electrical, or Software Engineering preferred.
- At least 10 years of experience in project planning and scheduling in an environment with full exposure from design to delivery of new products.
- Proven experience in product design and development at some point in career.
- Team player with the ability to work in a faced-paced multi-disciplined product development environment.
- PMP Certification highly desirable.
- MBA or advanced degree.
- Ability to travel (up to 25%)
- Experience in planning, assessing, and implementing new business systems
- Experience with product development with one or more of the following: lasers, cameras, fiber optics, electronics, embedded software, UI software
||Chantilly, VA |