Project Manager Brightcove
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Consulting | London, United Kingdom
Req ID: 850
In the time it takes you to read this sentence, the Brightcove video player has been loaded over 9,000 times worldwide. That's over 1 Billion video player requests per week!
Brightcove provides leading online platforms that enable publishing and distribution of the world's professional digital media. Our online video platform powers many of the world's largest media companies and brands, including Al Jazeera, MailOnline, Sky Sports, Channel 5, Scottish TV, Sky Italia, BBC Worldwide, Virgin Media, Groupe01, Grupo Godo, Philips Electronics, Red Bull, Swisscom AG, The Financial Times, and EMI. In this role on our Consulting team, you'll be working directly with customers to help them distribute their digital content with engaging Brightcove-powered user experiences.
The global Consulting team draws from deep digital media expertise to address our client's complex issues that go beyond Brightcove's standard set of products and that span business, technology and end-user experience considerations.
The group provides services in two main areas:
We love to learn and to push the boundaries of what is currently possible. To sum it up, we're looking for the best and brightest to help our clients with leading-edge thinking, to influence innovation in Brightcove's products, and to build some really cool stuff.
- Advisory, which entails envisioning and defining digital media strategies and roadmaps and
- Technology Services, which includes designing and building custom and innovative experiences around Brightcove products and leading large, complex development programs.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As a Project Manager you will be the owner of the client, project P&L, and project schedule, and manage and make critical decisions on client engagements to include:
- Set and review expectations, commitments and performance of client and key stakeholders
- Work with third-party developers, Brightcove staff and The Client to build team cohesion between Brightcove and client teams and senior management
- Manage contractual commitment and commercial relationship
- Ensure collaboration and coordination across the project and ensures governance, methodology and schedule compliance
- Deliver and manage Project scope and cost estimates
- Manage project resources and staffing
- Maintains ultimate responsibility for staffing of internal projects and managing external development priorities and effort
- Clearly outline all roles and responsibilities within the project team
- Clearly delegate to project team members the necessary tasks
- Track hours and dollars to project plan and project forecast
- Consolidate and deliver project status reports
- Anticipate, evaluate and manage the impact of risks and issues
- Lead project reviews with client as required
- Communicate with the client as it pertains to the scope of the project and change controls
- Change control process management
- Ensuring configuration control is in place and followed
- Review final deliverables for quality and manage client acceptance
- Maintain team morale
- Support presales activities by working with the sales engineers and solution architects to develop and document custom solutions for clients
- Support development and implementation of overall End-to-End process model
- Support development and implementation of the Delivery Management (DM) competency model
To succeed in this role you will need to have a broad range of skills and capabilities:
- Have, or have the ability to learn, Brightcove product, PM and development process knowledge
- Experience managing typical project legal documentation through creation, maintenance and compliance:
- Statements of Work for the client projects
- Project Sheets used to manage Brightcove's relationship with Partners
- Ability to assist in pre-sales efforts:
- Coordinate and input into RFP's,
- Review pre-sales requirements with 3rd parties prior to contract execution
- Translate proposal into SOWs
- Strong presentation skills to demonstrate Brightcove's capabilities
- Be able to lead and facilitate the gap analysis and change request process
- Strong technically in video, software engineering and experienced delivering projects using both agile and waterfall methodologies
- Experienced in managing 3rd party and internal stakeholder relationships across wide geographic areas, languages and time-zones
- Experienced managing multiple small and medium sized projects from pre-signed negotiation through to product delivery and launch
- Occasional travel when required
You should have strong knowledge, experience and the ability to:
- Plan and Estimate projects
- Execute project delivery efforts against the agreed to schedule and financial requirements
- Administer projects
- Manage Clients
- Build Strong Teams
This position is based at Brightcove's London office; in the heart of Covent Garden, halfway between the Covent Garden and Holborn Underground stations.
<< Back to Current Openings
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Brightcove is an Internet TV platform.Investors: Accel Partners All Jobs: at Brightcove
|Headquarters:||One Cambridge Center|
Cambridge, MA 02142
|Company Profile:||Brightcove is an Internet TV platform.
We're dedicated to harnessing the inherent power of the Internet to transform the distribution and consumption of media.
Brightcove empowers content ownersfrom independent producers to major broadcast networksto reach their audiences directly through the Internet. At the same time, we help web publishers enrich their sites with syndicated video programming, and we give marketers more ways to communicate and engage with their consumers.
Most importantly, we give people the freedom to easily find, watch and participate in a broad range of video contentwhen and where they choose.|
Support Brightcove with Social Media services