Project Manager, R&D Promega
JOB OBJECTIVE: Serve as a project leader, responsible for guiding projects of moderate complexity through New Product Development Process.
1. Lead multidisciplinary project teams consisting of research, marketing, manufacturing, quality assurance, and legal, including setting project priorities and communicating resource needs.
2. Collaborate with commercial sponsors and key stakeholders to address project changes and options.
3. Plan, monitor, and control projects throughout their lifecycle.
4. Document detailed customer requirements, business requirements and product format specifications to establish the project deliverables.
5. Achieve product quality goals, time-to-market objectives, meeting product cost targets, and tracking project cost targets.
6. Identify and address issues; identify, manage, and mitigate risks to reduce negative impact on deliverables, quality, due dates, and cost.
7. Facilitate resolution and drive decisions across project teams, sponsors, functional managers, and upper management.
8. Report project status and performance data as required to sponsors, stakeholders, management and team members.
9. Build teamwork within the project team and across departments.
10. Plan Design Transfer activities and provide guidance in Design Transfer, aligning Research and Operations.
11. Measure project and team member performance through out the project comparing work performed in comparison to budget, schedule, and quality. Perform corrective action and communicate to stakeholders.
12. Identify and recommend improvements to Design Transfer and the New Product Development Process.
13. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Provide updates, share best practices at departmental/ interdepartmental meetings.
1. A BS degree in a scientific/engineering discipline with 3+ year?s product development project management experience in Pharma or Biotech.
2. Demonstrated ability in directly utilizing project management software (e.g. Microsoft Project).
3. Formal Project Management Training through a PMI accredited program (e.g. UW Madison School of Business).
1. Demonstrated ability in Design Transfer.
1. Ability to work at lab bench or fume hood for extended period of time.
2. Ability to wear protection gear (gloves, lab coat, safety glasses, etc).
3. Ability to travel domestically and/or internationally.
4. Ability to operate a computer.
Promega Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
||2800 Woods Hollow Road |
Madison, WI 53711