Project Manager - Software Development Martin Group, Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED CHR Solutions has an immediate opening for full-time Project Managers in Software Development. The Project Manager will lead projects under the supervision of the Project Management Office (PMO) Director and be accountable for the Project Management Triple Constraints. The position requires significant business experience, best practice know-how, leadership qualities and planning and organizational skills. The Project Manager will assist in institutionalizing the Project Management life cycle methodology for software development, integration, and sustainment. Leadership qualities are required to lead the project team, act as a role model, and to influence executive management. A high degree of personal professionalism, integrity, and business ethics is required to build trust relationships throughout the organization. CHR Solutions is a client-centric and technology-driven company, therefore agile project methodologies are a must. Creative problem solving and decisiveness is essential and a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected in this high profile position.
1. Work in close partnership with other Project Managers and the Director PMO to ensure integrity and successful delivery of high quality software products and projects.
2. Evolve program and project management capabilities, improve delivery of product to internal clients, and leverage project management knowledge across the Business Unit.
3. Direct project teams in the use of project management guidelines, standards, procedures, samples, templates, tools, and frameworks.
4. Establish and integrate PMO measures, metrics, thresholds, and targets to drive performance in alignment with Practice KPIs (Cost, Quality, Schedule).
5. Establish positive and collaborative relationships with internal clients and demonstrate a clear understanding of both internal and external requirements and performance criteria.
6. Lead the coaching, mentoring, professional development and performance evaluation of the project team members, locally, nationally and internationally.
7. Act as the Process Improvement Driver for project.
8. Perform critical path management across projects.
9. Manage and Facilitate responses to requests for Level of Effort (LOE) estimates and change requests.
10. Meet with the PMO to exchange feedback on PMO processes and practices.
11. Work with Project Managers to manage risks, mitigations, and escalations.
12. Resolve resource constraints across projects and practices including Professional Services and Implementation Services.
13. Ensure the project is staffed to meet the project needs.
14. Develop project plans and operating budgets for projects and assume accountability for tracking project schedule, cost and quality.
15. Ability to travel 25 by car and/or plane, may include weekend travel. Ability to travel internationally is required for some positions. Current passport and valid drivers license required.
Education and Experience Requirements
1. Bachelor degree or Masters degree from an accredited college/university.
2. PMI Certified to PMP or PgMP.
3. Equivalent combination of education and experience accepted.
4. Ten or more years of progressive software development and project management experience.
5. Five or more years of experience managing large projects within a large distributed organization, for a large-scale corporate enterprise supporting the PMO, senior executives, and business sponsors.
6. Strong multi-project management skills with experience in organizing, prioritizing, planning, and executing multiple high-risk, high-visibility, large-scale projects from definition through implementation, involving internal personnel and external contractors.
7. Project management experience that includes software application development, software integration and sustaining maintenance engineering.
8. Comprehensive knowledge of full lifecycle project management, software development, and agile best practices.
9. Familiarity with quality management programs and methodologies, such as ITIL, TQM and Six Sigma, for defect tracking and root cause analysis.
10. Experience building collaborative environments, teaming cultures, and customer service mindset among project teams.
11. Experience in portfolio strategy, planning, sizing, analysis, implementation, and management.
||Sioux Falls, SD |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED