Project Manager Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
Splunk is a enterprise software company that provides the world's leading software to monitor, report and analyze gigabytes to terabytes of live streaming IT data on-premises or in the cloud. More than 2,000 organizations in 70 countries use Splunk to gain valuable insights from their IT data to improve service levels, reduce IT operations costs, mitigate security risks, increase compliance levels, and drive new levels of operational visibility through operational security and intelligence.
Our employees are some of the brightest minds in search technology and business from Disney, Infoseek, Apple, Hyperion, Autodesk, Informix, Oracle, MSN and Yahoo, and have built some of the most innovative IT management products of the last decade at Business Objects, Collation, Mercury, Sun and Wily.
Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Reporting to the Director of Business Applications, the Project Manager is responsible for planning, executing, and evaluating projects according to predetermined timelines and budgets. Building and managing cross functional project teams, and ensuring quality control throughout the project lifecycle are central to this position.
- Manage project development from initiation to closure
- Work with project sponsor and stakeholders to complete scoping, goals, deliverables, required resources, budget and timing.
- In this role you will schedule and facilitate kick off meetings, weekly status, and various other team meetings. You will work closely with cross functional groups with members from Sales Operations, Support, Marketing, and Finance. You will track and report KPIs on project progress and track and drive resolution of issues.
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- As a Project Manager at Splunk you will work closely with the Director of Business Applications. You will be responsible for multiple, simultaneous development projects and own planning, coordination, risk mitigation, organization and tracking of those projects. You will coordinate release activities with Splunk's Field Enablement teams.
- 4+ years experience in software project management or closely related roles, with at least 2 years working within technology consulting.
- Must have experience managing multiple, concurrent software projects involving cross functional groups. Must have strong skills in critical tools including Excel, Powerpoint, Visio, issue tracking systems, and calendaring systems.
- Must understand software release processes for both enterprise IT software.
- Must excel at decision-making, consensus building and conflict management. Must be able to juggle multiple, competing priorities. Must be able to communicate and act upon risks appropriately. Must possess strong analytical and communication skills, a risk mitigation mindset and exhibit appropriate levels of urgency.
- Ideal candidate will have a strong sense of project ownership and willingness to go above and beyond to chase down loose ends and deliver projects on time, with expected feature sets.
Education: Got it!
- Strong technical acumen is required, with basic knowledge coding and testing methodologies. This knowledge doesn't need to be completely hands-on, but at a level of understanding required to manage development tasks and identify and resolve issues in development projects as they arise.
- Bachelors' degree in a technical or business field.
- PMP certification a plus.
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 4,000 customers in over 80 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cyber security, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk software has become a platform for machine data!
Splunk now has over 500 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in Cupertino, CA and 8 offices around the world.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer and â€œFun Fridaysâ€.
This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready?
To all recruitment agencies: Splunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Splunk employees or any other company location. Splunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Splunk is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.ÂÂÂ
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED