Project Manager-Technical Operations (-01415) Workday, Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Do you want to actually look forward to Monday mornings?
You can at Workday! We embody the qualities of a great company, offer world-class products and services, listen to our employees, empower creativity and innovation, and celebrate a job well done. Itâs that simple, and has earned us the #1 ranking on two 2012 âBest Places to Workâ surveys (as voted by our own employees).
Workday is looking for a Project Manager â Technical Operations to successfully plan, execute and drive the completion of multiple parallel projects under aggressive timelines and within budget. You must be able to work with Product Management, Operations, Development, QA, Architecture, Release Management, Support and 3rd party consultants to acquire resources, coordinate project activities, and innovate along with changing technology and business priorities. In addition, the Project Manager will help to define and implement Technical Operations Project Management processes including roadmap planning, capacity planning, and integration with the company wide product development life cycle. Will not only interact with Infrastructure teams but also Development, QA and Product Management.
Education and/or Relevant Experience:
- Run complex projects from design and development to production
- Define project scope and requirements and plan project lifecycle deployment
- Develop high level and detail schedule for project implementation
- Define resource requirements and work with functional managers to book required resources for projects.
- Develop and execute risk mitigation plan and proactively identify and resolve issues
- Plan, schedule and monitor project deliverables, goals, milestones
- Ensure project documentation is complete and SAS-70, ISO and PCI standards are met
- Recognize opportunities for improvement and take initiatives to implement changes
- Strong organizational, presentation and communication skills
- Assist in the development of the project management office including capacity planning, roadmap management, extension of consistent standards and metrics
- Bachelors degree or higher in relevant field
- 10 years direct work experience in a project management capacity including scope and requirements definition, problem solving and process improvements in current Internet-based technology environment. Experience leading and participating in technical and cross-functional projects is required.
- PMP (Project Management Professional) Certification or equivalent preferred
- Experience in either Software as a Service or Consumer Web Organizations
- Experience in managing Operations projects in support of Product Development Programs
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environments is essential
- Persuasive, encouraging and motivating
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
||Pleasanton, CA |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
The Workday experience is the combination of everything that's unique about Workday: our culture, our core values, our company meetings, our Development "Show and Tell" happy hours, our soccer team, our recognition programs, but most importantly it's our people. It's everything that makes us different from your average employer, and everything that makes Workday a great place to spend a work day.
> 50M RaisedInvestors: Greylock Partners
, NEA All Jobs: at Workday, Inc.
|Headquarters:||6230 Stoneridge Mall Rd.|
Pleasanton, CA 94588
Support Workday, Inc. with Social Media services