Project Manager - Tier Netsmart Technologies Inc.
The Project Manager is responsible for managing the installation of TIER software that is a mission-critical/client server application. This includes systems and project planning, execution, and implementation. This position will work closely with the functional client business groups to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of systems solutions deployed in support of client business goals and objectives.
The following principles are the foundation for the development and management of work plan tasks, methods, and processes tailored to meet the unique needs of TIER's installations:
} Scope Management
} Time Management
} Cost Management
} Quality Management
} Communications Management
} Risk Management
Throughout the project execution phase, it is critical that the Project Manager actively organize and aggressively manage each of these discrete components of the project.
It is imperative that our complex, fixed-price projects have a clear project scope. Upon project commencement, the Project Manager will work with the Clients team to make sure that all parties have a consistent understanding of the project scope and the associated work products. Changes to the scope must be introduced through adherence to the Change Control process. The Change Control process is initiated when any project party identifies an addition or deviation to the approved project scope.
The successful delivery of the TIER solution is dependent on the completion of an intricate set of related activities as presented and managed in the project work plan. Time Management is the set of project management activities that the Netsmart Project Management Team, directed by the Project Manager, perform to track each of the detailed tasks and the resultant work products. Schedule deviations that result in material changes to work product delivery dates will be evaluated and remediation approaches will be developed and deliberated.
There are many components of cost in a project, including Client and Netsmart resources, facilities, infrastructure and hardware and software. Each of these cost components must be actively monitored against the budgets throughout the project.
Quality Management is the set of activities that are performed to make sure that all project work products meet or exceed the needs for the Clients project. Netsmart's project approach consists of multi-tiered quality assurance activities throughout the execution and delivery. All document and software work products will undergo internal reviews prior to release.
Communications Management consists of the activities that are necessary to provide the timely collection, storage, and dissemination of project information. The prime goal is seamless, cohesive, and accurate communications across all working project teams and project stakeholders.
Risk Management is comprised of the activities that are proactively performed by the Netsmart Project Management Team to identify and quantify the potential project risks, develop and execute appropriate mitigation plans.
Risks are inherent to large information technology projects. Proactive identification and navigation through the risks mitigates the potential disastrous effects of an unplanned occurrence of a major risk. For each risk identified, the Project Manager will analyze and assess the potential impact on the project's objectives, cost, schedule, quality, and user satisfaction. The probability and potential impact for each risk will be analyzed and considered for the development of the appropriate mitigation strategies.
Principal Accountabilities Implementation Management 100%
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope
- Reviews deliverables prepared by team before passing to client
- Train and Educate clients on software process and work flow
- Work with Clients to identify Business requirements
- Define and create functional requirements
- Identifies resources needed and communicate resource needs.
- Effectively applies our methodology and enforces project standards.
- Prepares for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures.
- Minimizes our exposure and risk on project
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
Career Path Core Competencies
- Identifies business development and â€œadd-onâ€ sales opportunities as they relate to a specific project
- Facilitates team and client meetings effectively
- Holds regular status meetings with project team and status reports to client
- Keeps project team well informed of changes within the project/business requirements
- Effectively communicates relevant project information to superiors
- Delivers engaging, informative and well-organized presentations
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information accurately
- Possesses general understanding in the areas of application programming, SQL, database and system design
- Possesses a thorough understanding of our capabilities
- Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on client engagements
- Challenges others to develop as leaders while serving as a role model and mentor
- Inspires coworkers to attain goals and pursue excellence
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change
- Manages the process of innovative change effectively
- Remains on the forefront of emerging industry practices
- Consistently acknowledges and appreciates each team member's contributions
- Effectively utilizes each team member to his/her fullest potential
- Motivates team to work together in the most efficient manner
- Mitigates team conflict and communication problems
- Manages day-to-day client interaction
- Sets and manages client expectations
- Develops lasting relationships with client personnel that foster client ties
- Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase Client satisfaction and deepen client relationships
- Builds a knowledge base of each client's business, organization and objectives
1. Minimum of 5-10 years with information systems, preferably in a clinical/healthcare setting
2. Minimum of 2 years software implementation experience or has led a major implementation of mission-critical software
3. Minimum of 2 years project management experience
4. Working knowledge of MS Project
5. Knowledge of relational databases, MSSQL
6. Strong written and oral communication skills; listening skills; solid interpersonal skills a must
7. In-depth understanding of business practices of typical TIER client.
8. Must be able to work effectively in a team environment
9. Must be able to work independently on a day-to-day basis
10. 75% travel.
||Lisle, IL 60532 |