Propulsion Technician SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Manufacturing and Production Operations | Hawthorne, CA, United States
The Company SpaceX is a US based advanced technology company founded by residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk. SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology and engineering systems in the world.
We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries and technologies to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering. We build it, test it, and fly it.
- Responsible for cleaning of tools, valves, regulators etc. Responsible for maintaining a professional and neat work area.
- Responsible for staging, installing, set-up, testing and de-staging of production, repair and overhaul engines.
- Troubleshoot engines and cell systems.
- Operate test cell instrumentation and uses computer network systems, as well as test units as described in the Test Instruction
- Accept or reject test units based on calculated test data and results.
- Performs work according to procedures, specifications and test instructions.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working on Aircraft or Rocket engines
- Must be willing to work overtime.
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
- Complete training in the staging, installation, removal and de-staging of Propulsion engines.
- A & P license strongly desired.
- 5 years of aerospace engines experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of pressure, temperature and flow measurement devices; mechanical and electrical systems; Propulsion engines.
- Strong mathematical, basic computer, problem solving and decision making skills, and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to work independently or as part of a team, meet aggressive schedules, operate and understand readouts on standard cell instrumentation: CRT screens, Daytronics & amp; Vibration Analyzer, and make full use of computer network systems.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||multiple, multiple |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED