Tesla Security Officer - 11:00 PM to 7:00 AM
Emergency Medical Training highly preferred
Security Experience a plus
Palo Alto, California-based, Tesla Motors uses proprietary technology, world-class design, and state-of-the-art manufacturing processes to create a new generation of highway capable electric vehicles. We utilize an innovative distribution model based on Company-owned sales and service centers. This approach allows us to maintain the highest levels of customer experience and benefit from short customer feedback loops to ensure our customer needs are fulfilled. We believe our operational infrastructure provides us with a competitive advantage compared to traditional automobile manufacturers.
The below responsibilities pertain to all Security Officers that work in an access control or patrol position. The position requires an individual who is professional in appearance, courteous, and helpful to all employees, contractors and guests. Is fluent in spoken and written English and is capable of writing Incident reports, Logs and Passdown information to oncoming shifts.
Vehicle Patrol/Door Officer Duties:
- Review the Passdown Log.
- Receive, sign for and check the condition of, as appropriate, all equipment, packages, keys, etc. from the Officer being relieved.
- Assume your Post at the precise start time
- Assist employees, visitors and vendors with a concerned public relations attitude.
- Maintain a high Profile, acting as a deterrent to theft.
- Maintain a professional demeanor at all times.
- Protect personnel and property by observing and reporting safety, hazardous or equipment problems.
- Know and enforce all General Security Procedures.
- Know, understand and complete all reports as appropriate.
- Maintain your Post and work area in a professional manner.
- Pass all pertinent information to your relief.
- NEVER leave your post until properly relieved.
- Respond to emergencies as directed by the Console Operator or Supervisor as required.
- Unlock doors, as requested.
- Investigate Incidents as directed.
- Conduct emergencies escorts for outside assistance.
- Enforce parking violations.
- Conduct patrols of Tesla property of criminal acts.
Control Room Duties:
- Oversees the operation of Computer Alarm Systems (Spectronics) and monitoring of video surveillance monitors.
- Maintains accurate accountability of all security equipment. (Keys, radios, etc.)
- Efficient in the usage of radio and communication system when transmitting to S/O's, mobile units, emergency personnel etc., within accordance to FCC rules and regulations.
- Receives and transmits or monitors communications between various posts as necessary.
- Handle 3000 (510-249-3000) emergency line communications as needed.
- Positive and accurate in assessing and directing response to any given situation.
- Keep calm under pressure situations.
- Respond to all emergencies situations and contact the appropriate personnel in accordance with emergency policy.
- Operates or monitors the telephone equipment and emergency telephone lines to ensure that a clear record of all emergency information can be taken.
- Record and keep accurate journal notes for pass-downs and/or for writing Security Incident Reports (RIMS)
Badging Office Duties:
- Maintain all data & photo ID/ Keycard access.
- Review insurance from Vendors, Contractors.
- Proficient in Fax Procedures.
- Monitoring of email for access to the plant.
- Maintain good customer service relations with customers, visitor and employees.
Fire Patrol Duties:
- Must be able to work all Holiday periods
- Must meet incipient level training standard
- Understand the principles of â€œFireâ€
- Problem solving skills
- Good report writing skills
- Must be able to learn inspection route and perform Fire Code, Insurance and Tesla safety compliance inspections
- Fire Extinguishers (Monthly)
- Fire Hoses and Nozzles (Monthly)
- Standpipes and Valves (Monthly)
- Hose reels (Monthly)
- System and Sectional Valves (Weekly, Monthly, Annually)
- Understand the operation of all Wet Pipe and Special Hazard Fire systems located at Tesla including but not limited to:
- Total Flood CO-2 Systems
- Deluge & Hi-speed Fire Systems
- Local Application and Sub Floor High Pressure Co-2 systems
- Standard Wet Pipe Fire Sprinkler Systems
- Pre-Action & Dry Pipe fire Systems
- Foam Fire Systems
- Fire Mains and all Fire Pumps
- Fire System suction tanks
- First Responder trained for Hazardous Materials
- Be able to identify a confined space as defined by OSHA & Tesla safety standards
- Must be able to train all contractors and Tesla T/M's on Fire Watch
- Act as a First Responder for the following Emergency situations:
- Medical Emergencies
- Hazardous Materials spills
- Reseal all valves, hose reels, hose houses and cabinets
- Change out used or damaged Fire Equipment
- Conduct preliminary investigations and report writing of all:
- Hazardous Materials spills
- Medical Emergencies
Gate 8 and A-Gate Duties:
- Oversees the access control and monitoring of Gate 8 and Gate A (including the pedestrian turnstile) including support of the shipping and receiving of all necessary materials used in sustaining the manufacturing process. Monitors and directs all vehicles entering and exiting Tesla's rear yard in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Accurately enters required information concerning the tracking of drivers, carriers, containers and their load status into Tesla's JIT/Trailer Tracking System.
- Strictly adheres to the Tesla guidelines concerning the notification process and completion of associated paperwork for the delivery and or removal of flammable and or hazardous materials and or waste.
- Follows established procedures concerning Tesla's asset disposal program and accurately completes and disseminates all associated paperwork in a timely manner.
- Accurately weighs and records all pertinent associated information affiliated with bins, containers, tankers, tractors, trailers, etc. for the purpose of issuing a certificate of weight (Trailer Tracking System).
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate ideas.
- Good customer service skills
- Valid CDL
- Good Grooming standards.
- Reliable attendance record.
- Capable of independent thought and action while being a strong member.
- Demonstrated self-starter.
- Excellent spoken and written English skills.
- Exceptional customer service and phone skills.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Tesla security procedures, console operations and the Tesla site.
The candidate should have hands-on experience and proven track record in production in security and EMT
MS Office programs (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) experience
May provide functional supervision in the absence of the supervisor.
Protection environment with team involvement
Possible weekend work and overtime required
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.