Palo Alto, California-based, Tesla Motors uses proprietary technology, world-class design, and state-of-the-art manufacturing processes to create a new generation of highway capable electric vehicles. We utilize an innovative distribution model based on Company-owned sales and service centers. This approach allows us to maintain the highest levels of customer experience and benefit from short customer feedback loops to ensure our customer needs are fulfilled. We believe our operational infrastructure provides us with a competitive advantage compared to traditional automobile manufacturers.
The Production Supervisor is a member of the Manufacturing Production Team. He/she will lead the development, implementation and application of Tesla's Production System for the production of the Tesla Model S. The ideal candidate has a proven record of success in the implementation and application of production systems in a manufacturing environment. He/she must have a broad background with the ability to work with engineering, production associates, quality, and suppliers across a wide variety of issues/ corrective actions identified in production and field performance.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills are an absolute requirement to establish effective working relationships within Tesla and outside. The successful candidate for this position takes pride in his/her hands-on and analytical abilities, organization skills and attention to detail. He/she appreciates an environment where superior work is encouraged, noticed and rewarded.
- Develop & maintain Standardized Work Instructions used in production by the production associates.
- Support the development of Process Failure Modes Effects Analysis (PFMEA) to identify critical risks in the production processes with the Manufacturing Process Engineers.
- Develop training programs and hire plans for production associates.
- Support of control plans to assure critical features are controlled through the production process.
- Manage production associates and develop the team structures used in the Tesla Factory.
- Support issue resolution including root cause investigation & corrective action tracking.
- Ensure quality standards are being met throughout the entire production process and support no defects from leaving a station or team area.
- 5+ years experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Thorough knowledge of and experience with a variety of manufacturing processes
- Experience managing teams of people in a production environment
- Experience in new product development and launch activities
- Ability to work with and develop production performance metrics (efficiency, quality, safety, throughput, costs)
- Strong analytic problem solving skills
- Able to work well under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines
- Remain engaged, proactive and positive in tough circumstances, owning assignments and taking full accountability for their success
- Experience in hiring and developing new team members in a production environment.
- Work efficiently and productively in independent and team settings
- Communicate clearly using excellent written and verbal skills - Strong organization skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Fluent with common MS office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Fluency in Dutch and English is required for this role.
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
|Headquarters:||1050 Bing Street|
San Carlos, CA 94070
|Industry:||Cleantech / Energy|